• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

honey price

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave /Oscroft

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
9 at present
Ive been offered some honey, as extracted un filtered approx 50lb in a bucket, probably rape, whats a fair price to offer ?

Dave W

Depends how much you want/need it.

£100 is the lower end of fair
£150 would be the upper end of fair

But the OP isn't talking about bakers honey.

:spy: There are some in these parts who would say that rape honey is only fit for baking pies !:icon_204-2:

..... but then some like creosote flavoured honey?

Don't knock it, it can be prize winning stuff as has been witnessed :)
= = =
£2.75 is an exceptionally good bulk price and Crazy Bull certainly isn't crazy offering to sell all of his bulk honey at that price.

£2 a lb in 30lb tubs. That's what I sell for whether OSR or floral and it always sells. Some like rape honey and others don't. Someone this year had some for mead making and said it was better than floral for that purpose. I'm not that knowledgeable to know whether this is correct or not.
Peter

I've just sold 8 x 30lb buckets to a small chain of gastro pubs in south Cheshire for £3.50/lb

'Local' features very heavily in their menus and they had a requirement for honey in two particular dishes that would be on the menu until mid-January.

Well done Cris.
I have a regular customer who takes all of my excess and then re-distributes.
Simple and easy.
Peter

I have a regular customer who takes all of my excess and then re-distributes.
Simple and easy.

That is quite a common thing to happen for many commercial beekeepers,the customer is often the likes of Tescos or Waitrose ect.

I sell at £3 per lb in 30lb buckets... I thought I was diddling myself!

Latest posts

Back