Honey Extractors

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the Konigin radial extractors take national deep frames? According to the specs the max frame height is 180mm; National deeps are 215mm.

Depends which model your looking at? I went for 9 frame radial and I believe it will take 3 deeps.

Will the Konigin radial extractors take national deep frames? According to the specs the max frame height is 180mm; National deeps are 215mm.

Phone Ian up and ask him - you may have to put tangental screens in to do deeps though

Extra, approx £60 I think. Didnt go for them as I never extract deeps.

I bought a Konigin electric last autumn, yet to put it to use. I have one of the 63cm diameter drums, so can’t compare fitting capabilities directly with the 50cm sizes. I purchased mine with screens supplied but vendor details differ on whether these are included.

I believe that the 63cm diameter is required to fit 14x12 (jumbo) deeps (tangentially with screens), while standard national deeps can go tangentially in a 50cm with screens, but I have not tested the various sizes extensively, more based on marketing material and a brief chat with a retailer.

I bought this one last year and it's brilliant in my opinion. I was going to go for the 9 frame but at £15 more expensive the 12 frame can do every thing I want radially.
Although I didn't order them Thornes also put in the screens to enable me to do larger frames (14x12?) tangentially but I've not had a need for those yet.

http://www.en.konigin-trade.com/web...-radial-honey-extractor-hand-and-motor-drive/

Oh, just as a warning the 12 frame won't fit through a standard door without removing one of the legs! Not a great problem as it's just a bolt or two but best to know before ordering .

Oh, just as a warning the 12 frame won't fit through a standard door without removing one of the legs! Not a great problem as it's just a bolt or two but best to know before ordering .

Wow, must be a big 12 frame extractor....I have the Abelo 20 frame extractor and that does fit through a standard door without having to remove any legs.

Very good point!!

Had to take a window out to relocate a Thomas 20 frame motorised extractor into the Skibber...... even though the doors had to be extra large for "planning wheelchair access" when we renovated it.
We are not looking forward to moving it again when the new honey and wax processing building is finished.... no excuse now as on lockdown and can not do my charity work with "old" folk!!!

Chons da

I bought this one last year and it's brilliant in my opinion. I was going to go for the 9 frame but at £15 more expensive the 12 frame can do every thing I want radially.

http://www.en.konigin-trade.com/web...-radial-honey-extractor-hand-and-motor-drive/

That is a seriously well thought out piece of kit .. I can't really justify swapping my current manual extractor at present but that has all the attributesI would put in to an extractor if I was looking at a wish list. Although wiidening all the doors might be a PITA !

That is a seriously well thought out piece of kit .. I can't really justify swapping my current manual extractor at present but that has all the attributesI would put in to an extractor if I was looking at a wish list. Although wiidening all the doors might be a PITA !

Move up norf... they have wider doors!

Chons da

Move up norf... they have wider doors!

Chons da

I'd move back to my native Yorkshire tomorrow - or even further North but .. the family are largely, now, Southern based and the pleasures of watching grandchildren grow up anchors us down here ..

Philip, you don't have to widen all the doors in you house just because you own one of these machines! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
To be honest the door to my honey room is quite narrow 27" I would guess and leg removal was no real problem as a one off. If you had to move the machine often it could be a PITA.

Philip, you don't have to widen all the doors in you house just because you own one of these machines! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
To be honest the door to my honey room is quite narrow 27" I would guess and leg removal was no real problem as a one off. If you had to move the machine often it could be a PITA.

Sadly, I don't yet have the luxury of a honey room ! 'Er indoors complains about the amount of space I already take up with my beekeeping activities - I think the suggestion that I take up any more space for a honey room might not meet with approval ...

Sadly, I don't yet have the luxury of a honey room ! 'Er indoors complains about the amount of space I already take up with my beekeeping activities - I think the suggestion that I take up any more space for a honey room might not meet with approval ...

You really do NEED another shed!!

Chons da

OK that's the same size - it does say three BS deeps "with screens". I guess that means tangential screens. Do they come with it?

Justt had a look will take 3 standard nationals no problem. The 14x12 would need the screens I think.

Its about 53cm wide so goes through doors no problem.

Latest posts

Back