honey beer advice

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgehog66

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
A lot of nationals & 5 TBH
Hi
I want to buy a selection of honey beers for my hubby for xmas to show him there is more to bees than a bottomless pit of spending.

Can anybody recommend some good ones to try and where to get them from if poss.

Thanks

Hi
I want to buy a selection of honey beers for my hubby for xmas to show him there is more to bees than a bottomless pit of spending.

Can anybody recommend some good ones to try and where to get them from if poss.

Thanks

Jacobi Brewery ( Teutonic pron.) make a nice honey beer, well it was when our stand was next to his at the Usk Xmas Fayre this year, hic. Cath & Russ enjoyed samples:D and Cath enjoyed the take homes.

WaggleDance, available from Tesco and presumably other places as well.

5% alcohol ... drink enough (an oxymoron?) and he'll "Do what it says on the tin".

Delicious and recommended.

Co-op do a nice bottled one but I can't remember the name sorry.

I'd second tonyblokes suggestion of getting homebrew equipment though. It's REALLY easy to do using the kits from Wilkinsons. All you need is a brewers bucket, pressure barrel, hydrometer, beer kit and sugar. Oh and a jar of Honey to go in after the first fermentation (It'll make sense when you have a go).

If you go to a local homebrew shop they'll sort everything you need for about £50ish

Hi,
Thanks for the advice
We used ti homebrew 16 yrs or so ago
Still got all the stuff in the loft
Think thats a very good idea for next year when we have some honey
We had to stop brewing cos it kept making me pregnant ,!
Off to co op to see what i can find

Xxxxx

brewers bucket, pressure barrel, hydrometer, beer kit and sugar

From what I understand of brewing beer, temperature control is a very important aspect to be considered if reliable and reproducible results are to be obtained.

The real beer brewers out there go to great lengths to regulate the temperature within quite close tolerances; the rank amateurs (those that don't regulate the proces, temperatures, per eg) get a variable product which is not always optimum and likely mostly quite often rather sub-standard.

Wines seem to be a bit more forgiving in this respect

Hi,
Thanks for the advice
We used ti homebrew 16 yrs or so ago
Still got all the stuff in the loft
Think thats a very good idea for next year when we have some honey
We had to stop brewing cos it kept making me pregnant ,!
Off to co op to see what i can find

Xxxxx
:icon_204-2: Has the opposite affect on me. A few glasses and I'm no use for anything lol

brewers bucket, pressure barrel, hydrometer, beer kit and sugar

From what I understand of brewing beer, temperature control is a very important aspect to be considered if reliable and reproducible results are to be obtained.

The real beer brewers out there go to great lengths to regulate the temperature within quite close tolerances; the rank amateurs (those that don't regulate the proces, temperatures, per eg) get a variable product which is not always optimum and likely mostly quite often rather sub-standard.

Wines seem to be a bit more forgiving in this respect

Brewing beer from scratch using barley, hops etc is quite complicated and temp dependant. I use the commercial kits though, it comes as concentrated goo in a big can and so long as you follow the instructions it's a piece of cake to do. You simply mix the ingredients and let it ferment in a brewers bucket until finished. Then syphon the beer into the pressure barrel an mix in 3/4 jar or so of homey instead of adding more sugar. A few weeks later it's ready to drink:cheers2::drool5:

Latest posts

Back