Honey £16 per lb

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they sell it for that price fair play to them as for the label if it states what it needs to state yep its ok as well.
Myself I would have put the label in the centre of the jar rather than at the bottom of the jar.

Brilliant,i hope even more people try and sell at these kind prices.

That's the very least I would expect Cornish honey to sell for! (Note to self, try to convince bees to produce some this year).

I had to laugh at this from the Questions and Answers:

Q: Hi, Can you let me know the website of the Apiary? I guess there must be one, as it's World Famed? Thanks
A: hello, many thanks for your message, sorry no web site at present regards sheila

But i see he has sold 0 jars so far. And yeah that flower on the front of the label must break the law unless he can prove the honey came from that flower which i doubt. Last but not least his honey cant be the best tasting in the world. Mine is :sifone:

Well, I manage some 60+ hives all around the area.
Including right by the river.
Caught a swarm this year and they were definitely buckies, bright orange!!!
Anyway, there was an absolute mass of OSR grown the other side of the river this year. So best honey in the world my arse.

The jar on the bottom left looks a bit lighter than the rest, lets hope the rest are overfilled ;)

Perhaps its just cost plus pricing ...

Oh no that would be in the region of £1000/lb - at least it would be in my case!!!!

Hmmmm, I seem to remember seeing plenty of comments on here in the past talking up the price of "ENGLISH" honey, saying it is far too cheap...

....guess they are just trying to help elevate the price.

Chris

As autumn is not upon us it must be last years honey.
If it starts selling I'll be putting mine on ebay too.

Why would it be last years honey, I would have thought that many of you will have taken the summer yield by now, a good number of keepers here have or are in the process of doing so.

You really can be a bitchy lot can't you?

Chris

Ask him lots of awkward questions - lets see if he puts them on the listing :)

Back