Home made suit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
see where she can improve and maybe make a better one

I am sure there would be a lot of takers for the 'cast-off', when the new improved version arrives. But, there again, there can only be small improvements on what you have already! Your wife is either 'well practised' or 'a natural' with the sewing machine.

Regards, RAB

Thanks psafloyd it is warm which could be a problem when the weather is hot, my wife made it without a pattern ,it was just trial and error but she says she can now see where she can improve and maybe make a better one ;) just needs to find the correct veil material :)

Well, tell Mrs Rink123 there's some pin money in it for her if she can knock up a pattern before she sews it up.

I have read on a few sites that net curtain is OK (preferably black), but also on a US site that mesh used for screen doors is good, as is tent awning material that bridges the gap.

It looks great.
As an aside, I've often thought there's a gap in the market for a shower-proof, breathable beesuit. Maybe that could be her next project?

Why do you want to wear it in the shower? Or underwater?

:rofl:

It looks great.
As an aside, I've often thought there's a gap in the market for a shower-proof, breathable beesuit. Maybe that could be her next project?

There's only one thing wrong.................

It's yours and we want it............:willy_nilly:

There are veils to buy on flea bay, i saw them the other day, about a tenner, might help, but don't know. Suit looks good - can I have one!!:bigear:

cheers

Thank you all for the wonderful response , my wife is a seamstress does wedding dresses, all sorts of sewing repairs etc also a cake maker and tons of other stuff ,she is just happy making things. When she feels the suit is good she will then take the orders but at the mo its not up to the standard she wants, mainly the veil needs improvement.
see some of the stuff she does ;)

Last edited:
That is brill is she taking orders

If so, can she make a twig sized one? Even small beesuits drown me. In fact, you could probably fit three of me in the one I use lol :p

When she gets it sorted even a twig size one will be up for grabs Kaz ;)
We have some green screening material which I thought would be good for a veil, you know the kind they put around building sites to screen them off , you can easily look through it and I don't think even a gnat could get through, is there a reason the veil is coloured black? what is the reason?

When she gets it sorted even a twig size one will be up for grabs Kaz ;)
We have some green screening material which I thought would be good for a veil, you know the kind they put around building sites to screen them off , you can easily look through it and I don't think even a gnat could get through, is there a reason the veil is coloured black? what is the reason?

Black is easiest to see through- you get less of the 'lace curtain' effect.

Great job better than a bought one I bet, the missus is in the latter stages of making me a jacket from linnen with enviromesh for combatting carrot root fly, ultra fine and almost daylight to see through.

I will pop a picture of it when its done if I remember.

Last edited:
with enviromesh for combatting carrot root fly

That's one thing my beesuit has never suffered from!!:)

RAB

Latest posts

Back