Hive 2? tick.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lois

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 colonies now! and some spare parts.
I now have 2 hives of bees thanks to the lovely dishmop, (what a posh car he has!), they are lovely and gentle girls, they have several queen cells and as soon as my camera comes back from hubby taking pics of a funny old car I will down load the pics I took today, maybe someone can advise me which cells to keep and which to squish.

As I've been out all morning was there something I missed? there seems to be a lot of bunting about.:hat:

Well done Lois. Did you do an AS?

And what funny car is that husband of yours taking pics of?

Not an AS but a bought nuc.

The car? its a sports car called a hague or something

Ooh this learning curve! Steeper than Porlock Hill!

I've sent Tonybloke a groveling pm asking him to give me a hand with an AS.

The car? its a sports car called a hague or something

I bet you're just hoping that he only comes back with the pics and not the car.

frame with q cells, which one/s to keep, how many is best? 1 or 2? top or bottom or middle? capped or uncapped?

picture.php

picture.php

Dishmop
picture.php

The Hauge that Garry went to see, 1979 if you're interested. PM me if you might like to buy it!
picture.php

The Hauge that Garry went to see, 1979 if you're interested. PM me if you might like to buy it!
Nowhere to put the shopping....

or a hive...

Dishmop, are you juggling with some invisible balls?:smilielol5:

Dishmop, are you juggling with some invisible balls?
Tommy Cooper impersonation...

I was trying to get my arm thro the elastic strap for the veil. Just like that..

is / was there a queen? or did you get a couple of frames of brood and some queen cells?

is / was there a queen? or did you get a couple of frames of brood and some queen cells?
There wasnt a queen... Two full frames of brood, capped and uncapped and lots of bees. Non of those cells were there when the frames were put in the nuc box on the 19th April. Some eggs had been laid that day.

I'm going up tomorrow and take off all but the lower qc and hope for the best! unless they have uncapped one already.

I went up yesterday and took off all but the biggest. A couple looked as if they had been sliced off lengthways, so I presume that isn't the normal way of hatching. The saved cell is safe, it was the other frame that slipped out of my hand and crashed to the floor. That got them flying but still no anger from them. I will now sit on my hands and wait.

I visited the hive yesterday, all seems well, they are still happy girls, no sign of the queen or new queen cells but lots of polished brood cells waiting for her. lots of stores coming in and drawing out the new combs.

I think I'm happy unless you know better!

"no sign of the queen or new queen cells"

presumably the queen has emerged and that lovely cell you chose is open/in process of being taken down?

queen cell gone/taken down. When should I check again, I don't want to disturb them too much at this stage if they are happy enough.

Back