Himalayan Balsam

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my hives seems to have found the balsam in the last few days…the vast majority of the foragers are coming back covered in white. So far the other two hives haven’t found it but I don’t suppose it will be long before they do. There’s a decent size river perhaps half a mile away so I’m guessing it’s growing there.

Is there likely to be a decent amount of nectar brought in from this…I.e. can I expect so harvest some honey from it or not?
My bees have found it as well in South Wales

One of my hives seems to have found the balsam in the last few days…the vast majority of the foragers are coming back covered in white. So far the other two hives haven’t found it but I don’t suppose it will be long before they do. There’s a decent size river perhaps half a mile away so I’m guessing it’s growing there.

Is there likely to be a decent amount of nectar brought in from this…I.e. can I expect so harvest some honey from it or not?
Just returned from the bees and they are hammering the Balsam. 21 degrees and a combination of rain and sunshine, a tell tale white thorax and heavy landings, there is fresh nectar in the combs.
You've nothing to lose.

Latest posts

Back