Hi

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swilks

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I have always wanted to have a bee hive, however due to where i have lived have never been able to.
I have just bought a house in rural central Portugal with a large plot of land, surrounded by countryside and as such am seriously considering getting a hive.

Any advice, especially from anyone in Portugal is gratefully accepted.not worthy

I hope you speak the lingo, if not you risk becoming a sad expat looking for other sad expats to talk about how its not the same as back in blighty! But then the sun will be shining!:nature-smiley-016:

Tomar/Coimbra area is lovely. Lucky you.

Language won't be a problem. Almost all Portuguese speak at least some English, and are very enthusiastic to learn more. Many restaurants are run by people who've done some form of training here in Britain.

The hardest thing is to get them to let you speak their language. ;)

Language won't be a problem. Almost all Portuguese speak at least some English,
And if in doubt talk slowly and loudly punctuated by exaggerated hand signals :biggrinjester:
Wecome to the forum Swiks - stick around and you will get a lot of sense from it (unfortunately a large proportion will be Non - sense :D)

Latest posts

Back