Hi from West Sussex, UK

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes ... Welcome, best beekeeping forum in the world I reckon ... certainly in the UK. You will learn more here than in the books if you hang around. Some very knowledgeable beekeepers here and a lot of innovators and then there's the rest of us ...

Hello Bob.
Lots get said and done on here, we see more posters in an hour then the BBKA forum gets in a month or possibly a year.
Many beeks of various nationals contest this one with in the most part good humour, thought the odd beek will get stroppy.

Last edited:
All the West Sussexians coming out of the woodwork to welcome you Bob! Welcome from right up in the North West corner

And from delightful Dorset.

Hi Heather,
Good to meet you. I am in Steyning.
You will probably join Brighton & Lewes, so may not meet up as, with great sadness,I had to leave there (long story). If you haven't got a 2nd hive yet there is a great carpenter in Hassocks who makes complete cedar for less than flatpacks, and I am always happy to help if you run into a problem.

Many thanks, Heather. I am fortunate to have a friend in Steyning who has been beekeeping for many years, who is my mentor.
Meanwhile, I have joined the Worthing BKA, as they cover Steyning. I've yet to meet any of them in person, for obvious reasons, so I've started an email mailing list to encourage interaction between members. A sort of junior version of this forum. So far, I'm the only member, but it's early days. :(
I have built a second hive, just waiting to move my current colony in there at the first inspection in March, so that the original hive can have some overdue repair and maintenance work.

Excellent, you sound sorted. wishing you every success in this lovely hobby/ passion/obsession!

Back