Hi from The Netherlands

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jantref

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi there,
I'm not a beekeeper yet. Soon i'm starting with a course to learn the basics. For now i'm reading a lot. I guess i can learn a lot diving into this forum and read about all your experiences! :giggle:
Cheers, JT.

Welcome jantref, what part of the Netherlands are you based? spent a lot of time on the Waal river earlier this century, mostly at Gorinchem commissioning new Damen 4207's for the UK Customs fleet.

Welcome jantref, what part of the Netherlands are you based? spent a lot of time on the Waal river earlier this century, mostly at Gorinchem commissioning new Damen 4207's for the UK Customs fleet.
Thanx! I'm from Deventer next to the river IJssel.

mijn excuses, ik dacht dat je misschien gewoon in Nederland werkte
geen excuses nodig hoor, had natuurlijk gekund! Ben jij dan een Nederlander in Schotland? Of heb je Nederlands geleerd door bijv. te werken in Nederland?

Hi there,
I'm not a beekeeper yet. Soon i'm starting with a course to learn the basics. For now i'm reading a lot. I guess i can learn a lot diving into this forum and read about all your experiences! :giggle:
Cheers, JT.

Welkom Jan

You'll find lots of useful information on the NBV and Honeybee Valley websites.
Later, you may be interested in beebreed. Pre-covid, I went to Wageningen for the breeders meetings a couple of times a year but they are all on Zoom now.

geen excuses nodig hoor, had natuurlijk gekund! Ben jij dan een Nederlander in Schotland? Of heb je Nederlands geleerd door bijv. te werken in Nederland?
Nee, via mijn vrouw, maar we hebben een tijdje in Belgie gewoond en ik ging natuurlijk naar school voor de taal. Nu met pensioen in Schotland.

Welkom Jan

You'll find lots of useful information on the NBV and Honeybee Valley websites.
Later, you may be interested in beebreed. Pre-covid, I went to Wageningen for the breeders meetings a couple of times a year but they are all on Zoom now.
Thanx for the links! I will follow a course of the NBV, but the other two sites are new for me (y) . Nice you've been to The Netherlands.

Nee, via mijn vrouw, maar we hebben een tijdje in Belgie gewoond en ik ging natuurlijk naar school voor de taal. Nu met pensioen in Schotland.
O, leuk! Schotland is prachtig. Ik ben er op vakantie geweest. Ook andere delen van de UK. Heerlijk gebied om bijen te houden lijkt. Die uitgestrekte natuur die is hier toch wel minder en zeker minder rustig ;)

O, leuk! Schotland is prachtig. Ik ben er op vakantie geweest. Ook andere delen van de UK. Heerlijk gebied om bijen te houden lijkt. Die uitgestrekte natuur die is hier toch wel minder en zeker minder rustig ;)
Het is erg mooi, maar waar ik als imker woon, is de bijenteelt marginaal.
Welkom op het forum :scotland-flag:

Thanx! I'm from Deventer next to the river IJssel.
I spent some time working in the Netherlands ... Apeldoorn .. not that far from Deventer... lovely people, very welcoming. I also spent some time in Alkmaar and Hoorn and occasionally up to Den Helder. Had a great time there ... many years ago now but good memories.

I spent some time working in the Netherlands ... Apeldoorn .. not that far from Deventer... lovely people, very welcoming. I also spent some time in Alkmaar and Hoorn and occasionally up to Den Helder. Had a great time there ... many years ago now but good memories.
Good to hear you enjoyed your stay 👍. I have been several times to the UK. wonderful country and great people too!

Back