Hi from Harrogate

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the.wired

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
Hello all, longtime beekeeping assistant in north Yorkshire just taken over a number of hives this year.

Been helping dad on and off with bees for as long as I can remember and 3 or so years back one of his old hives in the shed drew the attention of a swarm and we took up the hobby again. My younger brother invested in a few hives however has moved and left me with the duty of care.

I am now up to 5 strong colonies with equipment to expand to 10 next year. however lacking a site at the moment. currently relying on the good graces of tolerant neighbors and a friend who has a small site near York.

had a good year this year with around 150lb of honey though not sure where to sell yet.

Hello all, longtime beekeeping assistant in north Yorkshire just taken over a number of hives this year.

Been helping dad on and off with bees for as long as I can remember and 3 or so years back one of his old hives in the shed drew the attention of a swarm and we took up the hobby again. My younger brother invested in a few hives however has moved and left me with the duty of care.

I am now up to 5 strong colonies with equipment to expand to 10 next year. however lacking a site at the moment. currently relying on the good graces of tolerant neighbors and a friend who has a small site near York.

had a good year this year with around 150lb of honey though not sure where to sell yet.

Hello, enjoy your bees :)
Regarding the honey, someone on the Barkston Ash Beekeepers Association website is looking to buy honey in buckets.. I've no idea what price they are offering but you may care to follow it up.

:welcome:
I had Family living in Harrogate but passed several years ago now
Good luck with your bees and enjoy the forum

Hi. I'm in Harrogate too. I've got 5 hives on my allotment. Costs around £30 a year for a plot. I'm not the only one there with hives. Might be worth having a word with your nearest.

:welcome:

Someone has to live in Harrogate :paparazzi:

Back