Hi from Devon Cornwall border

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ,in my post makes you think I was referring to you then? The previous post to mine was from eggman and the Opening post was not yours either. What can I say? Never mind bullying, all I see is pi$$ taking whenever AMM is mentioned.

My apologies are in order then, but not sure why you needed to mentioned AMM?
I don't see anyone taking the pee out of AMM on this forum? Question their attributes occasionally but this is true of all strains of bee
S

I was referring to the attitude in the previous post. I find it a little odd that a first post in the 'welcome' forum is just anti AMM propaganda.
Ouch!
Sorry my post read as anti AMM propoganda, it was intended to be light hearted and is factually correct. I adopted a swarm of black bees as a start to beekeeping and they were extremely defensive. I understand this is more an issue with hybrids and beekeepers with pure (or purer strains) find them, gentle, productive, low swarming, etc etc. Sounds great to me and I will grab the opportunity, if it ever arises, to acquire some. My ethos is to try keep bees (as well and as naturally as is reasonably possible) which are best suited to the environment where I live balanced against their temperament. I will refrain from further posts until I understand the forum better as I do not wish to offend anyone or accidentally fall into political battles.
Apologies again
Mark

Sorry you got involved with the silly spat, I was only trying to say many of us have had similar experiences. I hope you enjoy your beekeeping, whichever strain you decide to keep. Where you live you will not have any problems finding a bee to suit your environment, if you lived 'up north' things would be different.
S

A good use for all that free Tesco sugar :D

The "free TESCO" sugar goes strictly into the Native Cornish Amm bee breeding program... although the remark was surely made in jest?

My usual 1000 liters of Belsuc is on order to feed the Italians !

Yeghes da

Ouch!
Sorry my post read as anti AMM propoganda, it was intended to be light hearted and is factually correct. I adopted a swarm of black bees as a start to beekeeping and they were extremely defensive. I understand this is more an issue with hybrids and beekeepers with pure (or purer strains) find them, gentle, productive, low swarming, etc etc. Sounds great to me and I will grab the opportunity, if it ever arises, to acquire some. My ethos is to try keep bees (as well and as naturally as is reasonably possible) which are best suited to the environment where I live balanced against their temperament. I will refrain from further posts until I understand the forum better as I do not wish to offend anyone or accidentally fall into political battles.
Apologies again
Mark

No apology needed... when the posts get too unfriendly the Mods step in and start banning postees and deleting the more offensive of their posts.
There has always been an underlying element of nasties waiting under the bridge on this forum... but there is also a lot of good sound information.
You just have to be able to sort out the wheat from the chaff!

Good luck with keeping natives!

Yeghes da

Ouch!
Apologies again
Mark

Welcome and please do not shy away from asking questions or offering advice through certain pompous members, i started of with a mongrel strain of bees that have been hell since day one, this year i have new stock and new Queens that makes my beekeeping so much more pleasurable, and all that is down to this forum and its good members.
Enjoy
Steve.

not worthy... so what are you feeding your bees on Beef?

Currently some are feeding on borage, about 35 acres of the stuff, Some are feeding on the dwindling 65 acre field bean flowers around 900 feet above sea level. Not sure what the rest are feeding on, but still piling nectar in from somewhere. Probably bramble, clover and whatever else they find. I'll know better when I do a pollen analysis.

Welcome and please do not shy away from asking questions or offering advice through certain pompous members, i started of with a mongrel strain of bees that have been hell since day one, this year i have new stock and new Queens that makes my beekeeping so much more pleasurable, and all that is down to this forum and its good members.
Enjoy
Steve.

I ain't pompous, Steve, you know that. I thought it an odd introductory post but it wasn't until eggman threw his hand in that I posted at all. It doesn't take long before the comments come along, every time AMM is mentioned. It's a bit like sheep or a band wagon.
The 'factually accurate' account could be true of any colony, I have a factually accurate account relating to a colony of orange darts/ buckfast type, so what? I wouldn't go on about how I will steer clear of them.
Some bees are gentle some aren't.

I ain't pompous, Steve, you know that. I thought it an odd introductory post but it wasn't until eggman threw his hand in that I posted at all. It doesn't take long before the comments come along, every time AMM is mentioned. It's a bit like sheep or a band wagon.
The 'factually accurate' account could be true of any colony, I have a factually accurate account relating to a colony of orange darts/ buckfast type, so what? I wouldn't go on about how I will steer clear of them.
Some bees are gentle some aren't.
I 100% no you are not pompous and even if you where i would not say you where, you have offered me good help in the past and given me good sensible information to help me out, i value your knowledge too much to be having sly digs at you. (not that i would ever need to)
You are a good egg in my book like a lot of other fellow members, so i am sorry if you thought i meant you.
Cheers
Steve.

Welcome to the forum! :) soooo being on the Devon cornwall border do you mix your jam and cream together before putting it on? ;)

Latest posts

Back