Hi from Auckland, New Zealand

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwimana

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hi All,

Just joined the forum today, it seems pretty active so I thought I would come and see what is happening with beekeepers in the UK.

Well we are beekeepers from Auckland in New Zealand, we are currently going into our winter so other than wintering down and treating our bees from Varroa, its pretty quiet here Bee Wise.

We are going to try the sugar shake method of counting mites today with a mesh covered mason jar, so we are keen to see if the counts match the drop counts we usually with meshboards.

We also run a beekeeping website with blog posts and a podcast where we talk about How to's, beekeeping news and what we have been up to.

Looking forward to seeing what the forum is like.

Hi kiwimana

Got some of your bees in my back garden.... and you're not getting them back !
ENJOY the Asylum!

I used to live in in the bush in Waimauku in the late 60s, early 70s. I don't remember any bees/beekeepers but that doesn't mean there weren't any! What hive-types do you use?

I used to live in in the bush in Waimauku in the late 60s, early 70s. I don't remember any bees/beekeepers but that doesn't mean there weren't any! What hive-types do you use?

Wow Waimauku, that's not far from us. We live near Waitakere Village.

Oh yes there are beekeepers everywhere here, we normally keep Langstroth Type hives here, toying with getting a top bar but haven't built it yet.

See ya...Gary

Hi, welcome to the forum

i have cousin in clevedon on the kawaraka bay road, been over there for several of our winters

Thanks pretty close to the Franklin Bee Club that we attend, great stuff are your cousins into Bees?

See ya...Gary

Wow Waimauku, that's not far from us. We live near Waitakere Village.
Went back just after the Millennium to find the school much smaller than I remember. We used to live in School Road on the way to Muriwai Beach where there was a shark attack in the news a few weeks ago. Also went to 90 Mile Beach which isn't 90 miles long - I'd live in NZ tomorrow if I could - lovely country!

ps. No idea why your name is asterisked out - the workings of this forum make little sense to me.

ps. No idea why your name is asterisked out - the workings of this forum make little sense to me.

Username is a business in NZ owned by the member who sells hives ect.
Looks like we are being used as spider food as the member has since removed the url in their signature...

Username is a business in NZ owned by the member who sells hives ect.
Looks like we are being used as spider food as the member has since removed the url in their signature...
Sorry what do you mean we are spider food???

Sorry if I have offended anyone, by using our name for our name.

Thanks Gary

Went back just after the Millennium to find the school much smaller than I remember. We used to live in School Road on the way to Muriwai Beach where there was a shark attack in the news a few weeks ago. Also went to 90 Mile Beach which isn't 90 miles long - I'd live in NZ tomorrow if I could - lovely country!

Hmmm yep me either, I think its because we are a business or something?

I guess we have upset the admin :)

We have friends that live in School Road, wow small world. Yep that shark attack was terrible the other week.

See ya...Gary

Latest posts

Back