Hello

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Boru

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello I am new here to this forum. I have no experience in bee keeping and I am interested to know more. My grandparents who lived in Co. Wexford used to keep hives that I remember and so I want to pick up from where they left off. I am however an avid homebrewer.

Welcome! Enjoy your beekeeping - there's some really useful stuff on this Forum, and you can search for past discussions if you hit a problem, question or need information.

Hello I am new here to this forum. I have no experience in bee keeping and I am interested to know more. My grandparents who lived in Co. Wexford used to keep hives that I remember and so I want to pick up from where they left off. I am however an avid homebrewer.

Welcome :welcome:
You may find this time of year is a bit quiet but it gives you time to trawl through older posts where as the News of the World advert used to say "all human life is there" (plus lots of insects)

Tá fáilte romhat! Welcome to the forum!

'Brewing' usually indicates wort and beer. You may need to consider either honey beers or fermenting mead if you get so far as a surplus of honey.

Welcome and good luck with carrying on from where your grandparents left off. Little has changed (dependent on when they stopped beekeeping) unless they used skeps, excepting the arrival of that pest varroa and (over here) a distinct change in agricultural practices.

Welcome ... as is often said to new forum members - this forum is a massive resource of advice - most of it very good and some well, you have to make your own mind up - but that's part of the joy (or despair !) of beekeeping. I followed my father into beekeeping (after a 40+ year break) and I get the feeling that, just occasionally, he's looking over my shoulder and saying 'Not like that you idiot !' ... about a minute or so before I say to myself 'Not like that you idiot !'. Hope you enjoy keeping bees as much as I do ...

Latest posts

Back