hello

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nige.Coll

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
some + a few more
hi
i am thinking about starting beekeeping and joined to get some information and advice before taking the plunge.
i have no experience with beekeeping but have started reading a few books and online information.
any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

thanks
i have found a course in derby i can do but looks like it's on saturday mornings and i'll miss 1 session

thanks
i have found a course in derby i can do but looks like it's on saturday mornings and i'll miss 1 session

Wouldn't worry - first session is usually what a bee is and the parts of the hive !

There will be other courses - check your local association(s) they usually start in the back end of the year and run through to spring ..

same course runs on a wednesday morning . i can make all those ones
i was going to miss the 3 rd one .

hi
i am thinking about starting beekeeping and joined to get some information and advice before taking the plunge.
i have no experience with beekeeping but have started reading a few books and online information.
any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

Sorry, it is my standard advice found on a few threads but DO go along to association meetings this summer. They should have suits to lend and should be otherwise welcoming to novice visitors.
Even better if you can find a couple of associations to compare.
Don't expect to learn anything other than what it is like to have bees buzzing all round you.
If you are very lucky, you might even get a sting for free!

I think its important to experience the reality, BEFORE SPENDING ANYTHING! :)

:welcome:

Latest posts

Back