Hello From South West Wales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holby

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself on here! My name is Richard aka Holby. Im completely new to beekeeping and particularly keen to learn from all of you. I have read many books and now ready to go in the deep end!

We have a field in Pembrokeshire, where we have planted 250 fruit trees so am keen to get some bees for pollination purposes as well as getting the honey in return!

We have bought a WBC hive back last year and hoping to purchase a nuc for that hive in May. Also hoping that we can get a few more working colonies on the site by the end of the year.

If you live in carmarthenshire or Pembrokeshire, would love to hear from you.

Many Thanks

Holby

Without wishing to pour any water on your flames, I would suggest you spend at least one session with an experienced beekeeper just to see what it is like to handle bees before you actually get your own! Just the one session will help you no end and the more the better!
Good luck, we are here to help
E

Hello Holby,
Welcome, I have kept bees for 5 years now, on the Pembs/Carmarthen border. Converted from Nationals to 14x12s about three years ago, call me if you need any help!
Ygwal

Oh dear, no hope for you now Holby... :D
:welcome:

Hy, From TeifiSide Cardigan. Get yourself to Builth saturday Holby. Ask away its the only way theres plenty of advice on here just sort the wheat from the chaff.

Colin TBKA

Croeso ir cymuned gwenyna rithwir :)

Hy, From TeifiSide Cardigan. Get yourself to Builth saturday Holby. Ask away its the only way theres plenty of advice on here just sort the wheat from the chaff.

Colin TBKA

...the wheat from the Taff, shirley?

Diolch!

Thanks to everyone for your messages of support! Diolch yn Fawr!(Thanks Very Much!)

I was hoping to go to Builth Wells but the weather has put me off!

Can I ask a quick question?

Do any of you carry epi-pens, in the event of you or a friend or family having a reaction to a sting? Just debating whether it is worth getting one privately?

Thanks Folks!

Holby

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself on here! My name is Richard aka Holby. Im completely new to beekeeping and particularly keen to learn from all of you. I have read many books and now ready to go in the deep end!

We have a field in Pembrokeshire, where we have planted 250 fruit trees so am keen to get some bees for pollination purposes as well as getting the honey in return!

We have bought a WBC hive back last year and hoping to purchase a nuc for that hive in May. Also hoping that we can get a few more working colonies on the site by the end of the year.

If you live in carmarthenshire or Pembrokeshire, would love to hear from you.

Many Thanks

Holby
Hi Holby. Three of us from the Pembs beekeepers went up to Builth today for the Convention. The Powys roads were fine but we turned round at the Sugarloaf because the Carmarthenshire snow plough / grittier didn't have a snow plough on the front and had to return to the yard to fit one before they could clear the road! You couldnt make it up,We went via Builth and had a good day.
If you haven't done so already then I suggest you join the Association. They are a really friendly and approachable bunch, run excellent starter courses and apiary sessions every couple of weeks.
We are also planning to offer mentoring this season to help new keepers from the beginning.
Have a look at the website (google) or contact me for anything further.
Where are you based? Good luck! Jeremy

hello and you missed a good day at the show

Latest posts

Back