Hello from Maldon Essex

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryDK92

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hello Everyone,

I have been a member on this forum for a long time and have probably introduced myself before but anyway,

I did a beginner training course on beekeeping in January and caught my first swarm 2 weeks ago and have now just taken on a second that was taken from Cold norton.

I have been feeding the swarm I caught and its still located in the swarm trap in my garden, its a pretty small swarm likely a caste, Im set to do my first proper inspection Friday/Saturday

My other hive is set up on my neighbors property and is very busy I moved it there last friday so its also due an inspection.

Im looking forward to posting and contributing more here and if any of you are interested I did start up a Blog which I regularly update which can be found here
*Edit cant set a link to anything? not enough posts? I'm not a robot I promise*
Code:
https://harrysbees.blog spot.com/

With no Space

Any way thanks for your time :)

Harry

Let us know how the first inspection goes. Good luck
E

Hello Everyone,

(snip)

*Edit cant set a link to anything? not enough posts? I'm not a robot I promise*
Code:
https://harrysbees.blog spot.com/

With no Space

Any way thanks for your time :)

Harry

I think you need 10 posts. I ended up posting about the weather on my hello thread until I had 10 posts.

Welcome! I look forward to hearing about your swarms.

How’s the weather in your neck of the woods?

Ah OK makes sense!

Wether is glorious here today got another inspection today on my established colony 🤞 all goes well!

Harry

Swarm Trap inspection went very well I did see the queen but didn't mark today, lots of eggs lots of brood in all stages and lots of stores with loads of blue pollen (any ideas?)

Harry

Attachments

• blue pollen.jpg
    blue pollen.jpg
    722.3 KB · Views: 17
Yep phacelia, makes for pretty frames doesn't it!
E

Ah great thanks,

Yes I was taken aback when I opened them up and saw the colour of the pollen, amazing colour!

Harry

Latest posts

Back