Hello from Hampshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pennyfold Bees

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hello Forum,
I'm starting bee keeping this year for the first time. Jumped in with both feet and ordered a hive and bees. I have helped my dad out in my teens so know a little about bees already and love honey. I was going to start keeping bees in 2009, but then moved my family to Sydney, Australia for a few years. Now I'm back here and getting settled in to country life in damp but beautiful Hampshire. On a beginners course at Petersfield and doing lots of research on the internet late at night.

Hi pennyfold bees!

Welcome back!

And welcome to the Forum.

You seem to have the basics in hand. The course and lots of reading will serve you well.

The Forum will inject just the right amount of diverse knowledge and uncertainty to keep you on your toes!

Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Enjoy.

Dusty

hi pennyfold bees just like me jumped in head first i dont know much about beekeeping only what i read on the forum and from books going for some lessons in may so should learn somthing there i hope so good luck with your bees

Hi pennyfold bees!

The Forum will inject just the right amount of diverse knowledge and uncertainty to keep you on your toes!

:thanks:

Ha, yes. I'm already picking up the different and sometimes strong opinions that members of this forum have! Feels rather like having a baby and the a varied advice we got for that. I'll take the same approach and listen to all the different advice, then make up my own mind about what to do.

I've been keeping bees for about 5 years, it's great fun and you meet some fascinating people. Join an association, buy a good book and don't be afraid to ask questions. Best of luck.

There are a couple of auctions coming up that you might like to go to, even if you don't plan to buy anything. One on 27th April 2013 at Brinsbury Campus, Pulborough, the other is on Star Wars Day at Greatham Village Hall. Your association will probably have the details.

I hope you enjoy beekeeping. It's a fantastic hobby.

Latest posts

Back