Hello from Ceredigion, Mid-Wales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaraR

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi!

After a weekend course with some lovely people from Teifiside BKA, I've decided that beekeeeping might be the thing for me. So I'm hoping to get involved with the club, to learn more and to get some hands-on experience before getting some bees in a year or so (but we all know how well that usually works out!)

For now, I'm reading and thinking about where to put the hives when the day comes! :D

Cheers,
Sara

Welcome to the forum. One can learn a lot from the debates on here.

If you are keen, I'd suggest that you get your own beesuit (and keep it clean!) so that you can volunteer to help other club members with their bees - rather than restricting yourself to just the club meetings.

Getting your eyes (and potentially hands) into as many different colonies as possible is absolutely the very best way of learning.
Similarly, in reading bee books, look at books by different authors. Although some ways work better than others (for some people), no-one has a monopoly of wisdom (or even truth!)
You can learn a fair bit (even who to listen to) by asking WHY something is being done a particular way.

Welcome from me in Ceredigion too.
I'm in the beautiful Aeron Valley, twixt Lampeter and Aberaeron.

Thank you for the warm welcome every one!

If you are keen, I'd suggest that you get your own beesuit (and keep it clean!) so that you can volunteer to help other club members with their bees - rather than restricting yourself to just the club meetings.
Good suggestion!

best welcome

Hi Hope you get to enjoy having your own bees when you get them! We are!

Welcome from Mydroilyn, Ceredigion's becoming a beekeeping hotspot!
It certainly seems like it! It's nice when Ceredigion feels more like a centre of something rather than on the edges.

There is a really nice deli/bar near the pier, a family owned cinema straight out of "The smallest show on earth" and starling murmurations. What more do you need?

Welcome on board, hope they settled in well. Get hubby involved.

Colin

Latest posts

Back