Hello all

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motobiman

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Was five now four. Grrrrr
Back from my two month ban because apparently I 'can't play nice'.

Not in the least bit repentant and ready to rejoin the fray.

Had a terrible wasp problem up at my out apiary, I guess because the land owner has some old pear trees and she just leaves the fruit to rot and fall.

Used home made guards but still found some robbing had occurred in one hive so they will need extra feeding, I guess most of the winter.

What Syrup ratio do the rest of you guys feed in these circumstances and do you top up as soon as the feeder is empty?

Approx 2:1 as I use invert and feed as fast as they can take it so that it is stored.
If making my own syrup I fill a jerry can with sugar and mark the level then add hot water to the mark. Shake......but I haven't done that for ages, preferring invert.

Ok thanks.

Last edited:
Give them a large block of fondant. In the spring you can take off what they haven't used, and store it for next time.

Back from my two month ban because apparently I 'can't play nice'.

Not in the least bit repentant and ready to rejoin the fray.

Had a terrible wasp problem up at my out apiary, I guess because the land owner has some old pear trees and she just leaves the fruit to rot and fall.

Used home made guards but still found some robbing had occurred in one hive so they will need extra feeding, I guess most of the winter.

What Syrup ratio do the rest of you guys feed in these circumstances and do you top up as soon as the feeder is empty?

Why where you banned you naughty renegade ? , where you showing naked picture of yourself while riding a plastic horse on a merry go round. :rolleyes:

Why where you banned you naughty renegade ? , where you showing naked picture of yourself while riding a plastic horse on a merry go round. :rolleyes:

Heehee.

Apparenty only some posters on here are permitted to dish it out.

The rest have to 'play nice'.

I have a picture of me touching an old queen.

looking at the thread it looks like most of OPs posts prior to that had been deleted due to his/her comments in them.

looking at the thread it looks like most of OPs posts prior to that had been deleted due to his/her comments in them.
Maybe, but i bet it was two or more members gang banging each other and targeting the Original Poster with irrelevant bating and snide comments, it does seem to happen on here especially with folk who think they are rocket scientists or even more, we are all on this forum for the love of bees and what they give us, why bitch and try to wind each other up.
It is like some of the hunting forums i no longer frequent through such rubbish , i may add a bit worse , folk would moan on if you killed a fox or a ferral cat it was a hunting Forum FFS if it was killed it needed killing, my point being stay united and do not alienate each other in our chosen pass time, life is too short for bitching.

Maybe, but i bet it was two or more members gang banging each other and targeting the Original Poster with irrelevant bating and snide comments, it does seem to happen on here especially with folk who think they are rocket scientists or even more, we are all on this forum for the love of bees and what they give us, why bitch and try to wind each other up.
It is like some of the hunting forums i no longer frequent through such rubbish , i may add a bit worse , folk would moan on if you killed a fox or a ferral cat it was a hunting Forum FFS if it was killed it needed killing, my point being stay united and do not alienate each other in our chosen pass time, life is too short for bitching.

:iagree:

Yes there are a lot of pots and kettles here about....
not to forget a lot of self opinionated twiddle twaddle

Possibly the ignore list needs to be revised!

Nos da

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by icanhopit View Post

Yes there are a lot of pots and kettles here about....
not to forget a lot of self opinionated twiddle twaddle

Possibly the ignore list needs to be revised!

Nos da
Same post on two different threads , crack on cowboy i have my whip ready.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back