Heads Up

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a push in cage but opted not to use it thus far... Is that your go-to method?

Yes
Stan has made me a couple that are bigger than the ones Thorne sells
Simply constructed from varroa mesh
If you are worried about tipping the queen out you can dig out a tunnel from the fondant in the introduction cage and put the whole lot under the cage

Wasp fly much earlier than bees. If you have stream of wasps entering during the day you need to look out.

Will keep a look out tonight. I want to stick to the plan for now, I'm just wary of lifting the lid on Saturday and finding loads of wasps in there. Wife has been out in the garden and didn't mention them, just a lot of activity in the hive next to it.

Yes
Stan has made me a couple that are bigger than the ones Thorne sells
Simply constructed from varroa mesh
If you are worried about tipping the queen out you can dig out a tunnel from the fondant in the introduction cage and put the whole lot under the cage

I ordered one from them. They look extremely easy to make. Interested in trying them out but maybe next time.

I may be an old softy but I shut my bees in at night - about 8pm! Let them out again in the morning (one bee space) once it has warmed up, otherwise, as Beefriendly says, wasps are attacking the hive early without any guard bees being in evidence.

Latest posts

Back