heading to the isle of wight from the 22nd to the 27th.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglongdarren

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+
i've never been there before,anything worth seeing of doing while am there,i'll be getting off the island for a day or two also.
any info at all will be great.
22nd of this month i should add.
Thanks Darren

I take it you are over 60...... Everyone else is!

I live here - Its great! (if a little cold at the moment)
Start with Ventnor botanical gardens, Blackgang Chine and Robin Hill if you have Kids, Great beaches at Ryde Shanklin and Sandown, fossil hunting on the beaches around Chale...
Dont miss the great pubs and restaurants.
No I don't work in the tourist industry - I just like it here!

im not :)
On my phone at the mo,but I will post a few bits latter.

"On my phone at the mo,but I will post a few bits latter."

good old fashioned black bakelite landeline i presume given location.

You got a season ticket rooftops :D

am meant to be heading home on the sunday evening, i wonder with this festival thing should i try and leave it and head home on the monday when its all over wightbees? you reckon it'll be worth it?
Darren

its a bit of fun,but the real festival is about 1 month latter.
If you Google isle of wight festival
You will see what I mean :D and if you could change dates ,you would be going home with one hell of a hang over lol

Oh dear, I'm going to sound like a right old misery now: Old Gaffers Festival has always been great fun, but the last couple of years it has grown into something like a cross between a pop festival and a trade fair, and unless you are partially deaf (you soon will be) and don't mind fighting your way to the bar in every pub in Yarmouth, you might be happier going for a long walk. Walking on the Wight is the closest you'll be likely to get to heaven, at least for a bit, we hope, and that gets my vote over almost any other activity. A good walk, of course, includes working up a monstrous thirst, and there are plenty of great pubs to resolve that little problem. Have a great time!

Its called real music :D

Who you coming down with and what did you have in mind.
Some good fishing off the pier depending on tide.
Where on the Iow you staying.

Sorry should have quoted all the jealous people and moaners not happy with life!!!

WRONG and retired!!!!

It is a great palce to live life to the full without the rat race.

must get a new box of wine on the go before posting more!!!

Last edited:
its just me and the big girl wightbees,we'll be staying in cowes the first few days and after that who knows,cant see me doing too much fishing when shes in toe as much as i would love to.
i'll be over visiting a friend.
Darren

If you goto the marina try and find the river Taxi and ask how much to the folly inn.
This is only a mile or so up river and takes you to a lovely Inn on the river Medina.
Plus arriving by boat looks Good lol

Latest posts

Back