Harvesting (Brentwood)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theopip

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi,

We have recently moved house and find ourselves the proud owners of a beehive, As this is a relatively new experience for us to embrace we find our self in a predicament that the hive needs harvesting ( we assume) but we have no idea what to do or equipment to do such task, we was hoping that we could find someone one the forum who was willing to help a newbie beekeeper .

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Yours
Larvae

Could you post a photo of the hive set-up, Theo?
If it's on one or two boxes you'll probably not need to harvest, but may need to feed.

When was the last time the colony was checked?
The colony disease status must be assessed; don't mean to alarm you, but EFB has been rife in the Brentwood area for a couple of years. Register your colony on BeeBase and if in doubt, put in your postcode and ask the Seasonal Bee Inspector to visit; if you do, consider it a bonus and put the kettle on.

If there is a surplus to harvest, your local BKA will have basic extraction kit to borrow; you have a choice of BKAs: Chelmsford, Romford or Epping Forest.

Hi there,

I’m in Brentwood and may be able to help. Some photos would be great.

Feel free to drop me a private message to let me know where you and some details about the set up you have.

andrew

Hi there,

Feel free to drop me a private message to let me know where you and some details about the set up you have.

andrew
Hi Brentwood Essex?

I'm in Harold Wood so can pop along and have a look if you are.

Hi there,

andrew
Lol sorry read your post as the original poster. 😉

Once again, hats off to those offering help. You are what this forum is all about. Hope the op takes you up on it❤️

Back