Handbags?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess ive fell out with a couple already but hey, the world is full of gobshites so i guess i can put up with a few on a forum, especially ones that now only wear one sock.

That's the spirit - we'll make a forum wit of you yet - well, half a one anyway

I haven't seen any falling out ? Bit of friendly banter as far as I can see ... there are always going to be differing opinions but things have got much hotter under the collar in the past without the need for weapons...

Do you mean "hotter under the crown board"?
Insulation seems to be bringing out the worst in people.

Only place you should find a mace spray is in a girlie's handbag :D

When I joined the job Customs officers were not given any kind of 'weapon' to defend themselves with (apart from our erudite charm) so we were all adnised to find one of the old stagers now office bound and persuade them to hand down their winter greacoats and official issue rulers (12 inch long ebony or lignum vitae rods of about an inch diameter) you never knew when you'd need to draw a straight line when out on a night docks patrol.
Now some are issued with a handy little gadget called, I believe telescopic Tw*tting sticks

:icon_204-2:Brilliant! Must admit I've 'heard' of the old greatcoat giving 'louts' red ears!

Last edited:
Only place you should find a mace spray is in a girlie's handbag :D

When I joined the job Customs officers were not given any kind of 'weapon' to defend themselves with (apart from our erudite charm) so we were all advised to find one of the old stagers now office bound and persuade them to hand down their winter greacoats and official issue rulers (12 inch long ebony or lignum vitae rods of about an inch diameter) you never knew when you'd need to draw a straight line when out on a night docks patrol.
Now some are issued with a handy little gadget called, I believe telescopic Tw*tting sticks
Ah! customs officer? that explains the jobs worth side of your posts, did you start beekeeping so you could open up boxes at home as well as at work?:icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

This thread is starting to remind me of neonics: GROAN..:nono:

how about golf ball in a sock/stocking? dual purpose - both violent and creative (scottish method for dusting cakes for those who don't watch bake-off).

Matchsticks at dawn anyone?

James[/QUOTE

not quite as bad as the debate over the use of oxalic dihydrate within our BKA

those who sublimate,those who use trickle2, those who buy 3.2% W/v, those who buy 6% W/W , those who buy "4.5% ,those who make their own, those who wont use acids, those who buy Bioxal @£20 , those who treat all winter with Apiguard or thymol on pads

all think their method is best but then they are all Beekeepers, when did they ever all agree

we asked LASI Uni of Sussex to come to tell us their research and still our BHA challenges LASI methodology but didn't even bother to come to the LASI talk as trickle2 is the only way to treat!!! as it now says treatment on the lablel, not even a 5ml dosing gun is unacceptable

Last edited:
Matchsticks at dawn anyone?

James[/QUOTE

not quite as bad as the debate over the use of oxalic dihydrate within our BKA

those who sublimate,those who use trickle2, those who buy 3.2% W/v, those who buy 6% W/W , those who buy "4.5% ,those who make their own, those who wont use acids, those who buy Bioxal @£20 , those who treat all winter with Apiguard

all think their method is best but then they are all Beekepeers, when did they ever all agree

I'm currently a convert to sublimation but will not have a "handbags" view till well into next season...

we asked LASI Uni of Sussex to come to tell us their research and still our BHA challenges LASI methodology but didn't even bother to come to the LASI talk

What's a BHA?

EDIT: Found it, Bee Health Advisor.

Last edited:
:willy_nilly: I knew I should have chosen angling when deciding on a hobby...

I particularly like this one -

4ut6y1.jpg

As the website promotes; very masculine :)

Yummy Daddy ;)

Oh no, I don't have kids, I was just going to use it to keep 10,000 receipts, 20,000 miscellaneous scrappy bits of paper, and a lipstick. I'll need another for my wallet because I somehow keep leaving that at home when money needs to be spent.

I'll need another for my wallet because I somehow keep leaving that at home when money needs to be spent.
Funny, that usually happens to SWMBO, and she has more than enough purses (and handbags to put them in)
I'm trying to wean myself off the briefcase (it carried my 'life' for 20 +years at sea) now it weighs more than what I carry in it - When in Africa I had my Hardy tackle bag, plenty of pockets and room for laptop, notebooks, camera plus the usual passport and cash (and probably cost more than these 'man bags' so it does impress those in the know and it is a proper man's bag.
Trouble is now I sometimes have to carry two laptops :banghead: I might have to invest in one of those twee little briefcase on wheels things

Latest posts

Back