gun club..land

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inthewoods

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
hi,just a quick ask ,i have been offered some land on local gun club ,for upto 3 hive's.which is at the back of my home .few 100yard's or so,lot's of forage ,ivy every ware pond orchard.. etc.it's clay pigeon only...and is very loud.bee's would not be inline of fire but close to them,would this upset 'bother the bee's they shoot 1-2 times a month ..as it's 5 min walk .and not 12 mile round trip to my hive's .....anyone tried it...thank's

One of the stands at a pheasant shoot I'm sometimes invited to is yards away from an apiary and there are no problems. If they shoot clays spring and summer it may be different though.

hi,just a quick ask ,i have been offered some land on local gun club ,for upto 3 hive's.which is at the back of my home .few 100yard's or so,lot's of forage ,ivy every ware pond orchard.. etc.it's clay pigeon only...and is very loud.bee's would not be inline of fire but close to them,would this upset 'bother the bee's they shoot 1-2 times a month ..as it's 5 min walk .and not 12 mile round trip to my hive's .....anyone tried it...thank's
Have Operated chainsaws close to bee hives( 3m), and some of the same line of bees have been next to pile driving ... They took no notice. However in both cases people were not visible to the hive entrances. I would arrange screens so entrance guards cannot see movement

When nailing some cladding close to my hives last year I had several attack the hammer head!
Don't know if they didn't like the 'shock wave' from the hammer head, or just wanted to borrow the hammer!!

The shooting won't upset the bees but the bees might upset the shooters. The problem is if that happens how can you deal with it quickly so that the gun club can continue without them having to stop shooting! It only takes one persistent bee to be a real pain, not to mention a rogue swarm. If you could put the bees some distance from the guns then maybe you would be ok. I would be wary!
E

thank's 65 meter's is nearest gun..fixed hide's .you get so excited getting some land you don't see the problem's at 1st .will have a chat with owner see if ,theirs better spot on their......thank's...

I'd be cautious, an annoying bee + guns = potential accident. Try it, but don't give up the other one.

I'd be cautious, an annoying bee + guns = potential accident. Try it, but don't give up the other one.

a more likely incident is a friendly inquistive or tired bee landing on the gun, say on top of the breech just as the shooter is aiming, thus discombombulating the shooter.

I must find having bees land on the workpiece you are just about to cut on a table saw or chopsaw rather off putting

I don't see the point in shooting clay pigeons when there are so many real ones in London

I can't see there being a problem - looks like the hives are far enough away from the guns - as a precaution just make sure they fly high as soon as possible after leaving the hives

Back