Got my first colony of bees!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I can't feed them in the new hive, as I still haven't received the feeder in the post! So much for Amazon Prime... that said, the seller is probably not Amazon itself but one of private sellers.

From the looks of it, there were plenty of stores in the initial 6 frames, so by the time I get to inspect it, they should be fine. Initially I worried about them not finding forage because they've just been brought in and new to the area, but there's plenty of wild flowers in the field next to me. The farmer left it go wild for some reason...

The initial advice I had from my BKA was to feed them until they've drawn the new 6 frames once in the hive and stop feeding. If I don't receive the feeder by tomorrow, I'll need to drive about 25 miles to a Thorne's.

On a different note, I was looking up some apps for keeping records. Anyone have any recommendations? I found one that sells for £4.99 on the app store. I didn't want to spend the money without a test drive. So all recommendations are most welcome.
Hi Cinnamon,

I bought the app "bee plus", it's quite good, maybe a little gimmicky though. Does have a nice little inspection note section and diary.. not sure I'll use all of the features but will save having paper notes!

On a different note, I was looking up some apps for keeping records. Anyone have any recommendations? I found one that sells for £4.99 on the app store. I didn't want to spend the money without a test drive. So all recommendations are most welcome.

Aluminium foil on the roof and a 'sharpie' pen. Good enough for Michael Palmer, plenty good enough for me. Not reliant on fickle technology and the colony history is there to read.

Aluminium foil on the roof and a 'sharpie' pen. Good enough for Michael Palmer, plenty good enough for me. Not reliant on fickle technology and the colony history is there to read.

That's my kind of app! :)

Latest posts

Back