Googling

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnybeegood

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Why are so many people on here Googling answers? I thought the idea of a forum was for people to get correct answers from experienced people. Some people just see a question & go straight to Google or wikapedia to search for an answer , if you dont know then DONT answer. I see this a lot on other forums, especislly from new people to a sport eventually the experienced people give up. & people are left to the mercy of wiky believers. Not everythjng you see on these sites is correct some stuff is total bollocks.
If people ask a question they can google the answer themselves for a link or whatever, surely its a good answer they want, i know i do. If it was a case of just Googling there would be no point in asking any questions on here?

You may find that many know the answer and are merely providing links that are relevant to the question rather than 'spoon feeding' an answer.

Reading journals/studies will allow you to make your own interpretation/conclusion rather than that of a forum member.

Believe it or not some people seem to be too stupid to use google, and appear never to have heard of ebay.. or they have just lost the ability to realise that they can think for themselves... or follow road signs instead of using satnav.
I wonder what world some of them live in. Where is it where they dont hear the news on TV or radio, read the newspaper or hear somebody talking.

A woman in post office said this morning...well its the first we've heard anything about not having tax discs anymore........how are the police going to know the car is taxed?

Most of the questions that people ask on any forum are ones that have been answered 100's of times anyway, and if you google something the chances are that there will be a link to a forum.
"Where can I buy tyres for my car" "How often should I wash my caravan" " Why does my camper van leak?"

Last edited:
Believe it or not some people seem to be too stupid to use google, and appear never to have heard of ebay.. or they have just lost the ability to realise that they can think for themselves... or follow road signs instead of using satnav.
I wonder what world some of them live in. Where is it where they dont hear the news on TV or radio, read the newspaper or hear somebody talking.

A woman in post office said this morning...well its the first we've heard anything about not having tax discs anymore........how are the police going to know the car is taxed?

:iagree:

Face Book Island on Planet Twitter.

Why are so many people on here Googling answers?
Maybe they aren't!

If I answer an identification question I will almost always offer a link showing what I'm suggesting. It doesn't mean I've googled to find the answer, it means I've googled to prove the answer correct.

Maybe they aren't!

If I answer an identification question I will almost always offer a link showing what I'm suggesting. It doesn't mean I've googled to find the answer, it means I've googled to prove the answer correct.

+ 1 ... I think it is helpful when a link to something relevant is provided - a link to a site that has more information than the poster has provided often gives more background to the topic which is better than people who take great chunks out of another site and just post them out of context.

Wonderful though google is, unless you have the knowledge to sift though the answers it gives, what is there to tell the inexperienced which answer is more appropriate than another?

posting a link is simply an easy way of saying "use this answer" (as opposed to other possibly incorrect ones.)

Last edited:
Maybe they aren't!

but a person asking a question could have googled in the first place, rather than join a forum, asking a question, logging off and not come back until days later...if at all.
My thoughts are they these people found the forum by googling..

There are plenty of times when you don't know the terminology. So what do you type in the search box?

Wonderful though google is, unless you have the knowledge to sift though the answers it gives, what is there to tell the inexperienced which answer is more appropriate than another?

posting a link is simply an easy way of saying "use this answer" (as opposed to other possibly incorrect ones.)

Thats rather like how many people on here treat the answers they are given..then go off and do what "they were told"

There are plenty of times when you don't know the terminology. So what do you type in the search box?

as many relevant words as you can.

If you type in "yellow tits" you'll not get as many relevant answers than if you type "tits"

Last edited:

Yes ... and often those with the terminology and some knowledge have more chance of finding an appropriate link ... and I appreciate it when someone highlights a useful web page.

Whilst it is nice to see well thought out and personalised answers to someone's question it is common to see the question answered previously and thoroughly and there is little point in regurgitating something that can be answered quickly with a link.

Yes ... and often those with the terminology and some knowledge have more chance of finding an appropriate link ... and I appreciate it when someone highlights a useful web page.

Whilst it is nice to see well thought out and personalised answers to someone's question it is common to see the question answered previously and thoroughly and there is little point in regurgitating something that can be answered quickly with a link.

yes but anyone with the slightest knowledge can post a link up to give the answer, is it not better to get a written answer from someone who has experience of the subject the question is about? I could answer every question probably by googling a link for someone to look at, is that really that helpful?

yes but anyone with the slightest knowledge can post a link up to give the answer, is it not better to get a written answer from someone who has experience of the subject the question is about? I could answer every question probably by googling a link for someone to look at, is that really that helpful?

Sorry but I post on a car forum. When you have been asked the same question a number of times over the years and the answer is lengthy... you are not inclined to write in great length again..

Even worse is the person who asks a question and cannot be bothered to read the stickies or FAQs.

And then you wonder why some posters can be slightly sharp at being asked?

The world does not exist to answer people's questions: posters have other things to do...and lives to live... and then you want a personalised answer?

Duplicate sorry.

Last edited:
is it not better to get a written answer from someone who has experience of the subject the question is about

If you ask its because you dont know.
Therefore how do you select which answer is the correct one?

You'll get **** different answers from beeks anyway.

Latest posts

Back