Googling

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the argument here seems to be that a personalised answer is somehow better than a link to a previously written item on the web. I don't see how you can come to that assumption.

Sometimes a known link will give all the information (and more) asked for, sometimes it's easier to explain in text.
Whether someone posts an answer to a question as a length of text or as a link isn't any indication whether one is answering the question better than the other, nor does the format of the answer indicate whether the person giving the answer is knowledgeable about the question or not.

yes but anyone with the slightest knowledge can post a link up to give the answer, is it not better to get a written answer from someone who has experience of the subject the question is about? I could answer every question probably by googling a link for someone to look at, is that really that helpful?

Do you really think that people who have no knowledge of something go to the trouble of doing a google search and then just post a link ? I don't think I've seen much evidence of that on here - there's usually a bit of personal narrative and then a link to something that's relevant or elaborative ? I think you are barking up the wrong tree ... give us some links to some examples ...

Why are so many people on here Googling answers? I thought the idea of a forum was for people to get correct answers from experienced people. Some people just see a question & go straight to Google or wikapedia to search for an answer , if you dont know then DONT answer. I see this a lot on other forums, especislly from new people to a sport eventually the experienced people give up. & people are left to the mercy of wiky believers. Not everythjng you see on these sites is correct some stuff is total bollocks.
If people ask a question they can google the answer themselves for a link or whatever, surely its a good answer they want, i know i do. If it was a case of just Googling there would be no point in asking any questions on here?

I just found the answer to that one, Johnny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42_(number)

If you want to see some really unbelievable questions have a look at www.talbotoc.com

They will delete replies that are slightly off topic or sarcastic or even not exactly accurate.
If you dont know, you arent supposed to make suggestions.

Latest posts

Back