Gilles Fert - Breeding Queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatshark

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Has anyone managed to purchase this book recently? It's available from the authors website (www.apiservices.com/fert/fert_us.htm) but the pages are not secure and so I do not want to use my credit card to order. I've tried calling the phone number but got no response and the email address (the author at wannadoo.fr) is rejected by the server.

If you have alternative means of contacting Gilles Fert I'd like to know them.

Alternatively, if you have a spare copy of Breeding Queens and would like to sell it then please contact me.

With thanks

Can I politely point out that a book from an author based in a hot climate is unlikely to really be of great assistance to us in the UK.

Read Manley for some very good advice.

PH

His book is fine, and Gilles is an entirely trustworthy guy, so no fears about paying by card. I have ordered copies of his book in a few languages for our various nationality seasonal staff.

to Polyhive..he is only in the Pyrenees, and is dealing with A.m.m. in a mountain environment, not too dissimilar to some UK conditions. Almost local compared to some. Whats more an indisputably fine beekeeper.

Into the lions den
I'm not worried about trusting Gilles Fert, it's the fact that since the site isn't https:// then I'll be sending my credit card details unencrypted for anyone to listen in on ... unwise. I'd prefer to speak with him directly or use email.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back