Getting a head start in 2015?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, the OP is not a regular visitor - last activity 4th November - hopefully we will see him again when he gets some bees in Spring ... seemed to be taking a very sensible approach to starting to keep bees unlike some we've seen this last year !!

Sorry for the repetition - should have read the whole thread!!

Join the local bee association. There are 2 in Norfolk, Kings Lynn and West Norfolk, and Norfolk Beekeepers Assoc.
ah!! the good old "bees must be fed brigade"

Ready for Bees

Thank you for all the great advice on this thread - I've been away for a while as we were slowed down by some resistance from neighbours (Drayton, Norwich NR8) which has now been overcome :)

We've prepared a small apiary and are finally ready for our first Bees - a bit later than I'd hoped. Can anybody help / recommend a local source or supplier?

We have a single national at the moment but will get another second-hand, with or without Bees at earliest opportunity.

I started a practical course on Tuesday so finally getting to put all the theory into practice.

Have I missed something here, what is the history of this comment ?

Didnt see this before..

I went to an open day at a NT property and a local bee association had a stall with a big sign that said..."bees must be fed in the spring and autumn"

Am looking for Bees please Dishmop. A nuc or Hive + Bees or perhaps a swarm to get us started. I got a message from Canary Honey last Autumn that mentioned your name as you might be able to help? Any advice appreciated.

Thank you for all the great advice on this thread - I've been away for a while as we were slowed down by some resistance from neighbours (Drayton, Norwich NR8) which has now been overcome :)

We've prepared a small apiary and are finally ready for our first Bees - a bit later than I'd hoped. Can anybody help / recommend a local source or supplier?

We have a single national at the moment but will get another second-hand, with or without Bees at earliest opportunity.

I started a practical course on Tuesday so finally getting to put all the theory into practice.

Try John Everett at applebee orchard Rockland (google for website.) Nice bloke, good bees.
Cazza

Thanks Cazza. He was most helpful and I should be picking up my Nuc on Monday :- )

Typically, I just caught a swarm in neighbours garden which I'll install this evening. Hopefully it'll be a great start to my beekeeping.

Back