Garden Trolly

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephenw

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi Guys,

I have got two small pneumatic tyres that would suit a garden trolly.

Does anyone have any plans for a garden trolly or the axles?

Thanks

Steve

Just looking plans for a garden trolley?

Help would be much appreciated

Steve

Used to make trolleys as kids,usually with old pram wheels...just used to invent the design as we made them.

But one long piece of timber as the spine of the thing,and a cross bar at the front pivoted with a bolt in the middle,this holds the front axle with a length of string to steer it with. The back end has a fixed cross bar to hold the fixed rear axle,then just some boards or box as a box fixed on....like to see some pictures of you racing around your garden when you have made it.

Last edited:
We called them bogeys. Best ones had a brake, a stick held on with one nail. Steered them wither feet. Great times.

Used to make trolleys as kids,usually with old pram wheels...just used to invent the design as we made them.

But one long piece of timber as the spine of the thing,and a cross bar at the front pivoted with a bolt in the middle,this holds the front axle with a length of string to steer it with. The back end has a fixed cross bar to hold the fixed rear axle,then just some boards or box as a box fixed on....like to see some pictures of you racing around your garden when you have made it.

I can remember the grazed knees and the friction burn from the rear wheels.

It always got a bit interesting when one of the pram wheels became a bit buckled and it was only a matter of time when it would completely collapse.

In the town I grew up in mums couldn't leave a pram outside a shop. The wheels would be gone in less than the time it took for them to buy their newspaper and fags.

I have got two small pneumatic tyres that would suit a garden trolly
I started from the other end. I had a hose reel that was a pain to carry so I added wheels and a handle to make a hose cart. Wheels are readily available from decent hardware shops, ebay or toolstation/screwfix so somebody must buy them. Axles are a rod or bolts, what you attach them to is anything you can imagine.

Whilst I too have happy memories of the precious risk/fun balance that existed before H&S was invented, and have vague memories of them being known as "trollies" in the frozen north, I think the OP was thinking more of a hand truck:

bc1091_big.jpg

this link gives plenty of examples that will probably be good inspiration.

With only 2 wheels I rather thought he would be thinking of the sack barrow type of construction.

hivetransport004.jpg

hivetransport002.jpg

Standard sack truck with beefed up axle fitted with golf trolley wheels for trundling over soft pasture :)
Oh! and custom made hive/super sized drop on box!
VM

Brill design VM patent it now get a manufacturer to make them and sell them on E**y, I will buy one

hivetransport007.jpg

hivetransport006.jpg

hivetransport005.jpg

This is the home end . Believe it or not this cost £13.00.
The stainless steel bolts in the corners of the plywood are to fit the inner corners of the super to prevent slipping . Simple ,no real engineering skills required !

You are limited only by your imagination :)
VM

hivetransport007.jpg

This is the home end . Believe it or not this cost £13.00.
The stainless steel bolts in the corners of the plywood are to fit the inner corners of the super to prevent slipping . Simple ,no real engineering skills required !

Is that a standard trolley, or did you make that too?

Latest posts

Back