FYI: Consignments from Germany

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B+.

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Quite a few
I've just received a message from one of the breeders I work with in Germany:

"Express shipments currently takes 2 days, you can only send "documents" and cost 60 euros. Normal packages last 3 days, you can send "goods" and cost 20 euros."

The relevance of this is that anyone importing queens from Germany under Covid-19 conditions is that it is pointless paying for overnight delivery.

I just received a package from Germany yesterday. Despatched on Monday via Deutsche Post tracked, arrived Thursday. Much better than last year's performance. I notice that Deutsche Post is part of DHL - is that a new development?

Just read the Deutsche Post history - joined up with DHL in 2002.

Last edited:
I just received a package from Germany yesterday. Despatched on Monday via Deutsche Post tracked, arrived Thursday. Much better than last year's performance. I notice that Deutsche Post is part of DHL - is that a new development?

Just read the Deutsche Post history - joined up with DHL in 2002.

I received two queens from Germany last Friday. They were posted on Monday but didn't leave Germany until Thursday (according to the DHL track-and-trace facility).
I think we can expect some delays at the moment - the overnight delivery service I would usually use just wasn't available - but, it's not as bad as it could be.

I had queens posted on Monday from Germany. At 01.58 this morning they left Heathrow and are on there way to in transit. No sign of them yet (13.55) still hope today or maybe tomorrow

I had queens posted on Monday from Germany. At 01.58 this morning they left Heathrow and are on there way to in transit. No sign of them yet (13.55) still hope today or maybe tomorrow

Do you have the tracking number? It's worth keeping an eye on things.
Mine arrived within 24 hours of landing in the UK.
Good Luck

Do you have the tracking number? It's worth keeping an eye on things.
Mine arrived within 24 hours of landing in the UK.
Good Luck

Yes I'm checking tracking it every hour or so.....lol

So far landed in UK at Heathrow Thursday at 21.55. Then states left Heathrow at 00.58 this morning in transit on way to me.

Thats all I've had. No show this afternoon so fingers crossed for tomorrow

Are you using the Royal Mail track and trace? Gives more info than the Deutsche Post site.

I received two queens from Germany last Friday. They were posted on Monday but didn't leave Germany until Thursday (according to the DHL track-and-trace facility).
I think we can expect some delays at the moment - the overnight delivery service I would usually use just wasn't available - but, it's not as bad as it could be.

How do these compare with the Celle line from the Institute B+?

Update this morning on tracking states arrived at my post office and delivery will be today....

Delivered this morning, all 4 alive and well but 1 or 2 workers were dead stuck to the candy plug in a couple of them. All in nucs now.

How do these compare with the Celle line from the Institute B+?

IB Celle make good queens by UK standards. These queens are a little better but not as good as NL-Line which is probably the best available anywhere at the moment IMHO

Latest posts

Back