Friday night beer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBee

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
The kids are in bed ........ the woodstove is hoppin' ........ time for a beer :cheers2:

To-night its Blue Moon my current favourite. Its an American unfiltered craft beer with a touch of citrus to the taste (sounding a bit like Oz Clarke there :eek: ). Very nice, and seeing as it looks like a full moon to-night very appropiate.

5155175921_3cddb8b6b5.jpg

Anyone got any recommendations?

Sat looking at the full moon through the window it’s a lovely sight, not able to match you on the beer but enjoying a glass of homemade blackberry wine.

Afraid I'm not a whiskey man - or any spirits for that matter. Not bothered about wine either. My definition of the perfect drink/meal is a nice warm day somewhere in France (for the food end) ... two pints of ice cold lager then another with a plate of steak and chips and fried onions and then an expresso (or another pint depending on the day). They don't do good beer but the food and the weather make up for it.

Sat looking at the full moon through the window it’s a lovely sight, not able to match you on the beer but enjoying a glass of homemade blackberry wine.

Sounds nice - what was the blackberry crop like over there this year. Here it was a bit dismal. Lots of apples though - may have a go at making some cider.

Afraid I'm not a whiskey man - or any spirits for that matter. Not bothered about wine either. My definition of the perfect drink/meal is a nice warm day somewhere in France (for the food end) ...

Nor me anymore,athough i used to like a drink or three, would just as soon have a good pint or two of tea and a few cheese and onion sandwiches in some peaceful place out in the middle of nowhere with no one else around.

Sounds nice - what was the blackberry crop like over there this year. Here it was a bit dismal. Lots of apples though - may have a go at making some cider.

It was ok not as good as the previous two years but then I know a few places that it hard to fail.

Afraid I'm not a whiskey man - or any spirits for that matter. Not bothered about wine either. My definition of the perfect drink/meal is a nice warm day somewhere in France (for the food end) ... two pints of ice cold lager then another with a plate of steak and chips and fried onions and then an expresso (or another pint depending on the day). They don't do good beer but the food and the weather make up for it.

Where did you get a good steak in France! They just don't hang their meat properly.

Where did you get a good steak in France! They just don't hang their meat properly.

Usually non-descript roadside places. They don't use prime cuts but its always cooked to perfection with a nice gravy and any I've had were good. I actually like rib steak better if its good than sirloin. Over here it can be a bit hit and miss. If you see them cutting it out of a shrinkwrap before slicing you can forget about it.

Nor me anymore,athough i used to like a drink or three, would just as soon have a good pint or two of tea and a few cheese and onion sandwiches in some peaceful place out in the middle of nowhere with no one else around.

Me too! Don't drink anymore, and life is great! I do love a cuppa tea though :)

Anyone got any recommendations?

My current favoutites are Badger champion ale and another Badger which I cant remember the name of but its a bit pineappley, and the all time best bottled beer in the whole wide world, Thomas Watkin OSB :)

Me too! Don't drink anymore, I do love a QUOTE]

And i don't drink any less to make up for you! :D

the all time best bottled beer in the whole wide world, Thomas Watkin OSB :)

:iagree: (just) but Chris B's honey beer is rather special if you can get hold of it. I bough a nice beer to put on in the club this weekend - Exmoor Wild Cat - it's really rather good but drinking ten pints the evening before the SBI calls was a bit unwise :D

My current favoutites are Badger champion ale and another Badger which I cant remember the name of but its a bit pineappley, and the all time best bottled beer in the whole wide world, Thomas Watkin OSB :)

Thanks for that, I'll be having the Badgers next week as they are available. The Tomos Watkins I can't find here but I'll work on it.

The fruity Badger beer is Golden Glory, perfect for a mid afternoon reviver, first fruity, yet hoppy beer I've really got on with.

I prefer their golden champion - nice elderflower aftertaste

There are three Badgers available here that I have found so far - Golden Champion, Fursty Ferret and Tangle Foot. So its Golden Champion for next weekends knees up.

Had Badger Stinger (organic) ale which was nice and Cubanero a Cuban beer which unfortunately, given my mentor Fidel, was nothing to write home about. The Badger Champion it turns out was in short supply ... whats going on over there?

stingbrew1.gif

my homebrew as name says made from nettles

Latest posts

Back