Free Android App For Beekeepers Bee Hive Tracker

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbal

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hi, I'm a beekeeper since 1995. This year I made an android app and I put it to Google Play : Bee Hive Tracker.

Bee Hive Tracker is a stand alone application for beekeepers. With Bee Hive Tracker you can work offline and you can store your hive records locally to your phone or tablet and then later you send them to your comp.. It's easy to use and keeping records. Records are imported from CSV file and exported with CSV text, so you can take your reports easily with Excel or FileMaker.
Bee Hive Tracker app is for recording your hive's status. You can find related record by scanning QR code or barcode attached on the hive.
Hope you will like it.

PS:You can find Bee Hive Tracker also at Opera zone.
It's free of course.

Quick Guide for Longclickable buttons:
Longclick to Video button: To play video of the current hive
Longclick to Prev button(<): To see 3 extra fields(1st one is reserved for video address)
Longclick to Next button(>): To hide 3 extra fields
Longclick to Flag button: To jump to database page (to delete a wrong structured database)

You can find detailed explanations at developper web site.

Bee Hive Tracker

Last edited:
Anything for i devices?

Hi bbal

have had a go and there seems to be a few issues

device = galaxy ace

when loaded the list button presents a blank screen and holds there for quite awhile, the back button will take you back to the entry screen

created an example entry with normal general parameters and then hit + to see if the list would work after a hive entry was created, afraid the same result as above.

perhaps needs more work? just thought I would let you know as apps such as these I think show potential.

I guess the old notebook and pencil still have some use :)

good luck

You must enter a number at No field

Hi bbal

have had a go and there seems to be a few issues

device = galaxy ace

when loaded the list button presents a blank screen and holds there for quite awhile, the back button will take you back to the entry screen

created an example entry with normal general parameters and then hit + to see if the list would work after a hive entry was created, afraid the same result as above.

perhaps needs more work? just thought I would let you know as apps such as these I think show potential.

I guess the old notebook and pencil still have some use :)

good luck

Hi, more than 150 people using it actively for now, don't make me panic. :)
You must enter a number for your hive record at No field. Any button except List will save the record. Try again please..
Thank you.

You must enter a number for your hive record at No field. Any button except List will save the record. Try again please..
Thank you.

"User-proofing" - screening absolutely all inputs and only accepting appropriate ones, together with indicating what is appropriate - is an enormous part of creating a useful app/program.

Functionality is important, but not much use without being robust.
This resilience is the difference between creating a tool for your own use and creating a tool for others to use.

I think this is what Philip's response was indicating - if he can do the wrong thing, the app needs more work to prevent such 'errors'.

Hi bbal

Itma is quite correct. the data entry field for the hive number / ref is not clear.

by this I would mean there is no indication [such as a field label] that this is what it is, or that it is a required field.

a record [save] button to positively save the record so that the user knows the record is saved would help make it more robust.

sorry I did not mean to make you panic :) but to provide some honest user feedback.

regards Philip

Hi bbal

Itma is quite correct. the data entry field for the hive number / ref is not clear.

by this I would mean there is no indication [such as a field label] that this is what it is, or that it is a required field.

a record [save] button to positively save the record so that the user knows the record is saved would help make it more robust.

sorry I did not mean to make you panic :) but to provide some honest user feedback.

regards Philip

Hi Philip , your feedback is really constructive for me. I will add a "required " hint for No field.
We will use Bee Hive Tracker this year at beeyard, and we will see if it works or not.
Waiting for your feedback :)

Thank you

App imfo

Hi bbal,

downloaded the app, does what I wanted. I've tried using diary records but they're a bit hard to search and I just wanted something straightforward.
As I use it I'll keep you updated if you like.

Questions:

How big is the 'Note' field

What does the slider do

What about revisits. Do you suggest updating the note field. Is there a way to auto add a date to a record update so when you are inspecting it will track when you inspected.

I'm sure you'll get ideas to add/alter features, hopefully constructive.
Thanks and keep up the good work,

Martin

Hi bbal,

downloaded the app, does what I wanted. I've tried using diary records but they're a bit hard to search and I just wanted something straightforward.
As I use it I'll keep you updated if you like.

Questions:

How big is the 'Note' field

What does the slider do

What about revisits. Do you suggest updating the note field. Is there a way to auto add a date to a record update so when you are inspecting it will track when you inspected.

I'm sure you'll get ideas to add/alter features, hopefully constructive.
Thanks and keep up the good work,

Martin
Hi Martin, thanks for your feedback. There are many good features at Bee Hive Tracker v1.5.1:
Easy search in the list, scheduling next control day, list of today's controls, history of the hive. I hope you will like it.
Date at the left upper side shows the inspection date.
Slider is for quick moves in records.
How big is note? As long as you can see :)
On the list, you can see now hive number, frames with bees, V for Video, note and status.
I wait for your ideas,
thank you

Bee Hive Tracker v1.5.3 Personalize your list

You can update now Bee Hive Tracker 1.5.3

Statistics about frames, ready to paste +text list, scheduled control day are new features.
You can personalize also Status List and the +Text list which are added to the note when an item is selected.

Status and +text lists can be personalized easily. Write your list separating by comma to the text.txt for the +text list and to the status.txt for the status list at sdcard/bee/ folder.

Search Bee Hive Tracker at Google Play

Bee Hive Tracker

Is it the app by 3PINK?

I'm tryig to download it but it keeps timing out.

I will try again when i'm at home an on wi-fi

Tim

Latest posts

Back