Foxes removal

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11.5ftlb Air rifle is more than capable so there's no need for a scatter gun. ;)

I stand corrected. The dovecote where three pairs are nesting is in the hens' garden which may explain why they are helping themselves to layers' pellets. JBM I'll look out for the spring migration :D

Don't go there Derek, bow hunting is quite obscene by any stretch of the imagination. Not sure of your bow class but anything less than compound unlimited, for a rabbit sized target would result in the animal being not cleanly dispatched, probably so for CUL as well, with such a small kill zone and natural cover.
I've seen Bear hunting, which involved baiting one of its paths over a period of weeks, followed by waiting up a raised platform for the unsuspecting Bear which was duly shot from a distance of some 10 - 15 yards. The blood trail was followed for a distance of a few hundred yards, when it was safe to do so and there they found the body where it finally fell and bled out.
Another showed a 5 point White Tailed Deer stag, the arrow passes clean through the animal's body and again there's a trek before the dead animal is found. So even a clean shot in the kill zone does not do the job, the animal takes flight and runs until it can't go any further. You can only imagine the result of a poor shot. :(

Even if we could use bows i would not as i would not be able to hit a barn door,

Like most things, just practice.

Some of the modern compound bows like the Hoyt carbon spyder can be incredibly accurate, and very powerful, razor head arrows go right through a deer or elk at 40/50 yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld0kOyzu2PQ

Like most things, just practice.

Some of the modern compound bows like the Hoyt carbon spyder can be incredibly accurate, and very powerful, razor head arrows go right through a deer or elk at 40/50 yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld0kOyzu2PQ

I have a cousin who has one of them all singing and all dancing bows with all them string and gadgets for adjustment, she can regularly hit a 6in target from around 40yrd's away, i can't but i know what i can hit a smaller target with at that distance..:)

Given all of the above I'm disapointed I cant go hunting rabbit for the pot with my bow and arrows in this country.
Can I admit to putting the odd roadkill bunny in the pot?

Husband ....with nothing to do while it's raining this winter has "trimmed" an absent neighbour's yew and made himself a longbow....blimey......accurate even over a long distance.....where are those rubber sucker things, for heaven's sake?

Hivemaker.;525542 Some of the modern compound bows like the Hoyt carbon spyder can be incredibly accurate said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld0kOyzu2PQ[/url]
Are Elk needing to be controlled anywhere in the world? Or is it just that some people like to shoot them?

Last edited:
Don't go there Derek, bow hunting is quite obscene by any stretch of the imagination. (

:iagree:

Most of the game hunting the furore out in Africa at the moment (Cecil the lion and others) is all down to them sad little b*ggers with their little bow and arrows posing afterwards half naked hugging a dead cheetah

Latest posts

Back