Forum awards - vote

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL tapdancing on the tip of the needle now...

PH

And I thought Scotland, Wales, Ireland and Cornwall were proud to be considered the 'Celtic corners'. It's also an ode to the identity that every Kelt (I've ever met) wants, as to be apart from England.

I am only the narrator to the story....:seeya:
The votes are the votes!!:cool:

And I thought Scotland, Wales, Ireland and Cornwall were proud to be considered the 'Celtic corners'. It's also an ode to the identity that every Kelt (I've ever met) wants, as to be apart from England.

Remove people of Irish descent plus people with Irish relations from Wigan and it would be an instant ghost town :) Even the Rugby league team would be decimated :D
VM

.....to be removed from the teat they have enjoyed so long? tin hat on, bomb shelter erected. etc etc.:):):)

Hmm a wonderful display of financial ignorance. Where has all the dosh come from over the last 25 years?

North Sea Oil matey.

PH

.....to be removed from the teat they have enjoyed so long? tin hat on, bomb shelter erected. etc etc.:):):)

Hmm I forgot, being Welsh I don't pay income tax, VAT national insurance etc, my forefathers didn't choke to death on the dust in their lungs from mining coal, copper and slate to fuel, shelter the nation and keep its fleet afloat, and which profits mostly left the country, and whose crown I have served faithfully for over twenty five years.
So I'll wind my neck back in.

Hmm a wonderful display of financial ignorance. Where has all the dosh come from over the last 25 years?

North Sea Oil matey.

PH

Excessive borrowing as we're all finding out....

Humanity is humanity.
We are all inter-connected in that regard.

This thread is about giving back recognition and acknowledgement, to those people inparticular, who give their valuable time and advice on here for free, in a community led forum, bias free, with no self-gain or kickback. It's in the spirit of community and a positive highlighting of that selflessness and giving gratitude to those inparticular who people feel really do keep this forum the great place it is, with their consistently valuable contributions. Without those people, I dare say a lot of peoples' beekeeping would not be as diverse and progressive as it is today....and a lot more people would be on the dark side forum!

There's differences in every aspect of life...finance, politics, nationality...top bar hivers, national lovers, spring feeders, queen clippers, ......the point is, those things aren't a barrier unless you make them so.
Where were everyone's ancestors from anyway?

The forum has a great fabric...I think that should be celebrated..not divided on decimal points.

As well as a bit of fun!

Last edited:
Er!
The English miners didn't cough their guts up then ?
I have actually worked down a coal mine back in the fifties !
Aged 15, Ok I got out but only by joining the armed services .
In spite of all the rhetoric ,we all share a common bond .
If you take the census of 1088 (Doomsday book) the population was approx 1 million . by 1960 perhaps around 60 million , this means that we are all closer related than some like to believe!. Each of us has no less than 32 great,great,great,great grand parents . each generation going back double, from a reducing stock !
When the Lancashire coal fields opened up thousands of Welsh and Cornish miners flooded into the county for employment lots of whom walked the whole distance from wherever to get here!
There is a village of Wigan called Bryn although I think the name precedes that event by a lot of years as does Pen-y-gynt in the lakes.
So come on lad's 'United we stand, divided we fall' is as relevent today as it always was .
VM

Er!
If you take the census of 1088 (Doomsday book) the population was approx 1 million . by 1960 perhaps around 60 million , this means that we are all closer related than some like to believe!. Each of us has no less than 32 great,great,great,great grand parents . each generation going back double, from a reducing stock !
When the Lancashire coal fields opened up thousands of Welsh and Cornish miners flooded into the county for employment lots of whom walked the whole distance from wherever to get here!
There is a village of Wigan called Bryn although I think the name precedes that event by a lot of years as does Pen-y-gynt in the lakes.
So come on lad's 'United we stand, divided we fall' is as relevent today as it always was .
VM

:iagree::iagree::

Except for his view of population figures. Clearly, the population is reducing. After all, I had 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great-grandparents... Going down all the time.

Er!
VM

I know John, it was as intended a red rag to few bulls who can't take a joke! Unfortunately we have had to take the joke for a long time, way beyond the oil in the sea PH, (suppose there had been no oil?) its unfortunate that past politicians felt they needed to bribe certain parts of the UK.;);)

I know John, it was as intended a red rag to few bulls who can't take a joke! Unfortunately we have had to take the joke for a long time, way beyond the oil in the sea PH, (suppose there had been no oil?) its unfortunate that past politicians felt they needed to bribe certain parts of the UK.;);)
The establishment is good at this (So come on lad's 'United we stand, divided we fall' is as relevent today as it always was .
VM )
VM

As well as a bit of fun!
Last edited by the naked beekeeper; Today at 06:41 PM..

It's the only fun I get !

Last edited:
I nominate myself for the title of "most duplicitous contributor" on the basis I have just replied to two posts on the AKBB* site.

*think CBBs.

Or maybe most cryptic contributor?

I nominate myself for the title of "most duplicitous contributor" on the basis I have just replied to two posts on the AKBB* site.

*think CBBs.

Or maybe most cryptic contributor?
You aint stealing my title buddy . NO way .
VM;)

How about most traveled forum poster!

Thanks to admin I have been granted access in a lot of countries!
:)

Back