Forum awards - vote

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Enough
Hi folks,

Merry Christmas to one and all.

I am proposing as a bit of fun and to encourage the timely spirit of good will and cameraderie, that we have a 'forum awards'.

You vote for a member you best think wins a certain forum award category.

Nominees are to be pmd to me, by Jan 1st, will be kept anonymous and I will collate them all and announce the winners in the new year.

Categories I have so far are:

-Funniest poster

-Best foreign poster

-Most improved beginner

-Wise sage of the forum

-Most consistent helper in threads

-Best forum avatar

Although I am open to suggetions for new categories....
please feel free to add some...if they are popular, I will add them.

If everybody appreciates a good sense of humour, then we could have some poisoned chalices also, such as grumpiest poster etc.:biggrinjester:

If it proves popular, I will run it annually.

This has got the approval of admin.

So please folks, place your votes, via pm to me, now..............:xmas-smiley-016::xmas-smiley-010:

I am astonished this has been "sanctioned" has Admin had too many Mince Pies?

TBH... silly idea.

PH

Oh yes and this does not count for curmudgeon of the year.

PH Bah Humbug award lol lol

Best foreign poster - there's no competition I think; always enjoy his posts even when he's a bit off track - but what about ' Best wind me up, grumpy but still fair and informative if you read the diatribe carefully poster' even though he's great - but don't tell him we said that!!?

Just to clarify - do wales and cornwall count as "foreign"?

PS please no-one take that as a hint; just wanted to make sure there was a clear level playing field.

PS please no-one take that as a hint; just wanted to make sure there was a clear level playing field.

Kindly note - Cornwall is not 'foreign' : it is England that is foreign! :seeya:

Being Scottish I am excluded...LOL

And very good point Finman.

PH

Really difficult to choose between the usual suspects for most helpful. Wouldn't want to seem ungrateful to any of them! All great in their own inimitable ways.

Before idea was floated I was kind of thinking of something along same lines as regards 'best individual post of the year'. Specifically, for me, Enrico's words of wisdom round about May time re 'second year chaos' -just about when I was wondering whether I could really be done with it all. Encouraged us to press on and sure enough we did eventually get things sorted.

WV

Since I've already had a vote for a Scot as best foreigner, we'll split that categroy into two?: Best overseas poster, outside Uk/GB/whatever....and best 'Celtic' poster....that'll include Cornwall into the mix, along with the other Celtic corners.....

I am astonished this has been "sanctioned" has Admin had too many Mince Pies?

TBH... silly idea.

PH

Oh yes and this does not count for curmudgeon of the year.

You will notice I gave permission rather than said I would run it.
I am mad but not foolish ;)

Latest posts

Back