floors

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bram

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Hi there . I am planning to make some spare open mesh floors, does anyone know where I could purchase the mesh like T*****s etc use?

many thanks in advance Bram

You can get a good selection from b and q, I got some to make a travelling nuc, a fraction too large holes though so a few bees struggled through it! Not sure what size holes are used on mesh floors but presumably has to be small enough to stop wasps etc!
E

If you go to themeshcompany, you have the option of stainless.
Just thinking about Oxalic Acid, Formic Acid (MAQS) ...

A local metal merchant may well be cheaper than big T.

The Mesh Co are superb for service but will not supply the galvanised expanded metal ( I think).

Depends what you want or need; the galv exp mesh has mechanical strength but the stainless mesh is good/ far better.

I have used the mesh company before and been more than satisfied.

RAB

Thanks lads, for pointing the way! :thanks:

Bram

How right you are Oliver ! bless em!! .................wife looking over my shoulder lol
Bram

The mesh company has a shop on ebay but its cheaper to use their web, brill service and had some freebies from them this year. I use the epoxy coated mesh and replace it when I refurbish the floor, why you might ask because epoxy mesh is cheap as chips and quicker to replace it that trying to get the thing clean

Latest posts

Back