First Swarm of 2011

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJBee

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
16 a mix of Commercial, National, 14 x 12, Dadant and a Warre
I had to wait until after noon to post so I don't get accused of an April fool:smash:

Just finished checking all my colonies and noticed a lot of bees round the bait hive - first swarm of 2011 and defo not one of mine:biggrinjester: I'll let them settle for a day or two then see what has arrived. Beats my previous earliest by 19 days.

MJ

(with absolutely no offence intended) I've been told that there is a tendency to be premature in France!

rich

Holy cow! Now I am getting confused! Just when I'd promised myself I was going to be patient, and not add space too soon... I'm a long way from Dordogne, but not that far from Cornwall. TNB, when you say over the water, do you mean Devon? I'm assuming you don't mean America :D

"when you say over the water, do you mean Devon? I'm assuming you don't mean America"

might as well be. in the cornish psyche the Tamar is as wide if not wider than the atlantic.

Its a well known fact that the Tamar has two tributaries - the English Channel and the Atlantic :biggrinjester:

lol.

Over the water I meant as from France to England.

Now 'over the pond' is from America to England/Britain.:p

Latest posts

Back