First super full

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winker

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
It took them 2 days to fill a full super, I have a strong hive sitting on OSR, second super now on. Happy days!

It took them 2 days to fill a full super, I have a strong hive sitting on OSR, second super now on. Happy days!

Enjoy your Mazola Honey !

OSR.. where it has not been ploughed back in is just showing... but looks sparce.
However the Amm colonies are bringing something in........not enough to super as yet!

I was down in bedford Sunday and there was fields and fields of OSR in starting to flower, was nice to see so many fields of yellow :D.

So far its taken mine over two years and it still aint full :hairpull:

One box full of nectar in 2 days. That is huge.

Bees needs much room to handle the nectar and rippen it to honey.

Swarming is quite near in this situation. Swarm and queen may leave the hive without warning.

Swine. Last year mine were sitting next to 20 acres of OSR, and too cold for it to work. This year it's working, and none anywhere near. :(

One box full of nectar in 2 days. That is huge.

Bees needs much room to handle the nectar and rippen it to honey.

Swarming is quite near in this situation. Swarm and queen may leave the hive without warning.

Yes its a strong hive, I will be keeping a close eye on this one

Bland honey sells whether it is OSR, Balsam or clover . Remember that comedy sketch on TV set in a an English restaurant where someone asks "if they had anything blander than this" Beekeepers tend to keep the best = stronger flavoured honey for themselves.

Aye. Admittedly I wasn't looking at it in a commercial point of view. I found a few websites selling Ivy honey, 6.5 / lb. Said 'highly sought after. Plenty of Ivy honey here that I usually leave for the bees. It's got me thinking though. Anyone else sell it?

It's alright if you like bland honey!:spy:

Mine was far from being bland last year, It had a real fruity taste to it and jar for jar it sells (For me) better than the summer golden honey. Last year I did a stall at a local car boot sale and I took 300 Jars of both golden runny Honey and 300 jars of OSR Honey. I took home 70 jars of the Golden Honey and 0 Jars OSR

Last edited:
Aye. Admittedly I wasn't looking at it in a commercial point of view. I found a few websites selling Ivy honey, 6.5 / lb. Said 'highly sought after. Plenty of Ivy honey here that I usually leave for the bees. It's got me thinking though. Anyone else sell it?
Remember Jimmy and his exploits gathering honey from a cliff in Nepal? He showed some of his own honey and was particularly proud of his Ivy.

if there is any, appears to be less sown around here from previous years

Latest posts

Back