First honey harvest!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeeMoustashe

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Evening all,

Just thought that I'd report my first honey harvest. Very proud, all four frames of it. Rape's just gone over by me, it's partly capped but no drops on shaking, and the rest of the super frames are either not ready or partly drawn. So I thought I'd pop them off before it sets.

Over the moon.

Very cool! Just done my first inspection so slightly jealous at your advanced stage! ;-)

Well done on the harvest! :drool5:

The first of the year is a real treat but the first ever is marvellous, I still remember the children's excitement at their first tasting and their delight at having it on their Cornflakes.

I also remember looking in the cupboard the following early Summer to discover that through the winter, they managed to eat some 50Lb.

They're all strong and healthy still though. :)

Resist the temptation to give it away. :)

:iagree: you think you won't need so much. 52 Lbs is the minimum I keep for myself for a year. Always keep two years worth to allow for a bad harvest!!
E

BBG said:
Well done on the harvest! :drool5:

The first of the year is a real treat but the first ever is marvellous, I still remember the children's excitement at their first tasting and their delight at having it on their Cornflakes.

I also remember looking in the cupboard the following early Summer to discover that through the winter, they managed to eat some 50Lb.

They're all strong and healthy still though. :)

Resist the temptation to give it away. :)

Very true!! Surprising how much you consume when it's on tap. Not much on the honey front here and beginning to worry that I've sold too much and will run out before more comes in.

honey mmmmmmmmm

Well, I have 10 lb. Nobody ain't getting nowt of this little lot! Not bad from a queenless colony lol

My 3rd year...(I think) they blur . However, this is the first year we have had any amount of honey.
1st year - 2 jars ...given away.
2nd year - 28 lb
3rd year 55 lb so far...

Yippee finally learning...

Latest posts

Back