Few pics of my hens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephenw

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
A few pics of my hens, hope u like them.

Steve

cuter than our hybrids but we're still getting an egg a day per chook!

R2

They are wicked but I do think lovely ladies like that should be treated to Cedar shavings nothing but the best will do ;)

@StephenW, nice chooks, I particularly like the one with the fancy hat in your first picture and have to agree with Tom regarding the Western Red Cedar.

It's so encouraging also to see that you have been busy making your own hives over the winter . . . :) :)

I must be honest hombre, i havnt, this saw dust is just from a block of sawdust, I t helps dry the ground and makes an excellent play ground for them.

Steve

I love the speckledy one in the second pic, what breed is that?

The one in the first picture is a complete fashion victim and needs a good talking to. :rolleyes:

The hen in pic 4 is the same as on of my (remaining) two hens, her name is Nimbus :) The breed is called a Limousin here, is it called the same in the UK?

We call it a Pekin and the colour is blue.

Steve

cracking hens a delight to see.
I caught a hen in the garden on sat after dark, hiding by the shed. Took her to a neighbouring poultry keeper, not hers but she had caught one as well. So two lucky chucks.

Sorry sky hook forgot to answer your question that is a milliefleur pekin

Steve

I must be honest hombre, i havnt, this saw dust is just from a block of sawdust, I t helps dry the ground and makes an excellent play ground for them.

Steve

Yes Steve, but let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story line . . .
Then when you knock a box together you can claim a 100% improvement in woodwork skills, to the acclamation of everyone on the forum.

I guess with a bit of scratching the chickens get it everywhere?

Certainly some of the chooks are like catwalk models. No size zeros allowed of course.

Yeah but we dont mind, they dust love dust bathing and scratching in it, keeps them ammused. I doubt I will be making my own hive parts, im rubbish at woodwork but may give it a go.

Steve

Latest posts

Back