Extracted my honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to be very good and breaking combs even using a hot knife.
It makes me jump every time with my 20 frame radial.
I think the idea is to stop it spinning,not hide under the bench looking for a tin hat.

Funny.

Still not sure about the hot air gun, but the uncapping knife was loads better than the bread knife.

A steam uncapping knife is really good. An electric uncapping knife is good too but it does not seem to warm up as quickly as a steam knife.

Got a brush uncapper now and that's quite quick now I've figured out how to use it!

What one of our female members did this last year,was it Frisbee ?

Yes it was me :cheers2: As several have said you just waft it across the front, playing in any area will burn your holding hand.........I did also follow it on by saying it works best where the bees have played the game and capped with a tiny air pocket, denoted by the whiteness of the capping. If honey is touching the capping then it's not so good as Polyanwood has suggested there are parts that end up like this and they do still need the uncapping knife, but generally I've found it's quick and easy. I would question if a hairdryer has enough directional heat to do the job, but it's worth a try.

Frisbee

Latest posts

Back