Executioner Pro

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlievictorbravo

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
2 - 14x12
In preparation of a possible major incursion of Asian Hornets, I lashed out £20 on an Executioner Pro Bug Zapper.

It was delivered yesterday, in time for me to take it to the apiary where an Asian Hornet (AH) was found (separate thread). The intention was not to kill AHs (the SBIs wanted a flight direction if we saw any AHs) but to practice on the European Hornets (EH) that were plaguing the hives.

I can report that it is very effective on EHs. I found trouble hitting wasps with it because they moved too fast but that may be a matter of practice plus if you're working near hives, you don't want your zapper to hit the boxes 'cos it will upset the bees and maybe damage the Zapper. The EHs moved slowly enough that it was relatively easy, without fast movements, to zap them - it gives a reassuring ping when you get one. I probably killed half those that I saw. It made the boring job of monitoring the hives a little bit more interesting.

If your hives are under attack from hornets, I thoroughly recommend the Executioner Pro, the zapper recommended by Mazzamazda for his laced custard method of killing AH nests. I ordered mine on Ebay and it was delivered promptly.

CVB

Last edited:
In preparation of a possible major incursion of Asian Hornets, I lashed out £20 on an Executioner Pro Bug Zapper.

It was delivered yesterday, in time for me to take it to the apiary where an Asian Hornet (AH) was found (separate thread). The intention was not to kill AHs (the SBIs wanted a flight direction if we saw any AHs) but to practice on the European Hornets (EH) that were plaguing the hives.

I can report that it is very effective on EHs. I found trouble hitting wasps with it because they moved too fast but that may be a matter of practice plus if you're working near hives, you don't want your zapper to hit the boxes 'cos it will upset the bees and maybe damage the Zapper. The EHs moved slowly enough that it was relatively easy, without fast movements, to zap them - it gives a reassuring ping when you get one. I probably killed half those that I saw. It made the boring job of monitoring the hives a little bit more interesting.

If your hives are under attack from hornets, I thoroughly recommend the Executioner Pro, the zapper recommended by Mazzamazda for his laced custard method of killing AH nests. I ordered mine on Ebay and it was delivered promptly.

CVB

A man after my own heart.

Have just had the visual of dads army prancing round a field waving those rackets

At this stage if the invasion, killing Asian Hornets may be counter-productive.
Far better to trap them alive. Then they can be released and tracked to find the nest which can then be destroyed.
A bucket of dead hornets is only going to tell you that you have a problem.
Catching them alive will help us solve the problem.
I can see CVB that you're aware of that, but want to make the point for others.

I'm not so sure though that European Hornets should be so much of a worry for us beekeepers (no more so than common wasps).
Where AH will target a weak honeybee colony and bring it's siblings to decimate it, EH is a much more generalist feeder, they don't focus on a single source of food so much.
AH is definitely at a level of concern above both wasps and EH.

Last edited:
I have one of these.

First thing I did was give it a go with the finger.

Big blue snap, only minor pain!

Went to show go and show the other half, did it again! no blue snap but oh the pain!!! Its super powerful! Literally paralysed my arm temporarily!

I love them, go out on a dark mosquito night and wave it through the air and it's constant blue flashes! Mine is a cheapchinese copy but works just as well. Brilliant to queen wasps. Always stuns them enough to catch them!
E

I have one of these.

First thing I did was give it a go with the finger.

Big blue snap, only minor pain!

Went to show go and show the other half, did it again! no blue snap but oh the pain!!! Its super powerful! Literally paralysed my arm temporarily!

Must try it on my better half. Does it paralyse tongues?:paparazzi:

I reckon get some moisture next to it and the paralysis won't be temporary!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back