Evidence-based beekeeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can safely say that about 90% of internet users are useless - incompetents and naive.

After all, many post on here asking questions that a simple search here would show (in half the time it took me to write this) that they have been answered several times already...:lurk5:

After all, many post on here asking questions that a simple search here would show (in half the time it took me to write this) that they have been answered several times already.

Sure, but reading on your own isn't the same as having a dialogue.;)

I remember once on a forum giving a simple straightforward factual answer to a question. The OP then replied that they already knew the answer but they wanted a conversation.

Now, about that Ivy honey.

Chris

You can safely say that about 90% of internet users are useless - incompetents and naive.
k5:

forums are more social meetig places than info places. "i saw a dead bee. What to do?"

book says: queen produces 2000 bees/eggs in a day. Perhaps 2000 will die daily but he saw one!

Lot's of people are keeping bees that "resist" or live with the varrao mite, why is there such a blinkered attitude to this?

Chris

It was built as a thermal model of a tree nest. The kingspan sides mimic 6 to 8" of wood. The pipe thing is there to mimic the the 6 to 8" tunnel to the nest chamber. It uses Seeley & Morse 1975 data to give the approximate dimensions. I had to seal it very carefully to get consistent temperature stratication profiles. The pics are in the album

Loving this hive! Looks like it should be easy to smoke the bees with this ... I presume you create the smoke on top and suck it down through the hive using the pipe at the bottom.

Back To Square One.

After my reading the barefoot beekeeper and reading forum posts, there is some stuff I like about "natural beekeeping". But when it comes to Varroa, I plan to stick to the advice given in the FERA Varroa Guide ... Integrated Pest Management. And there is no mention of icing sugar in this guide.

I think if I lived in Bristol and had two hives I'd be tempted to do the same..

...only tempted mind you.

Chris

Latest posts

Back