Equipment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugfan

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
Hi again

My recent swarm controll has left my garage completely free from surplus equipment. I am now considering purchasing some new gear, mainly brood boxes and roofs.

Where do you guys purchase this equipment. I have found brood boxes for just under £20 from Maisemore, which i think is good, but wondering what you guys do?

Thanx

I used Maisemore for my initial purchase but to be honest I'm not hugely impressed with the quality of their flatpack stuff. It's not terrible, but it's not great either and, as a noobie, I thought their instructions were pretty vague to the point that my first Brood box ended up being Top beespace by mistake.

There's a guy down in Somerset (might be Hivemaker on here) who gets some pretty good user reviews so I'm intending to put my next order with him.

Hivemaker seems like a great guy, and his equipment has been recommended many times, I would like one day to purchase some of his equipment.

At the moment however Cheap and acceptable quality is more of a priority than high quality and reasonably priced

Thanks again

I have purchased from Vectis in the past,they are a million miles away quality wise from Hivemaker, but do the job and come ready made up.
He imports stuff from China.

Vectis

Hi again

My recent swarm controll has left my garage completely free from surplus equipment. I am now considering purchasing some new gear, mainly brood boxes and roofs.

Where do you guys purchase this equipment. I have found brood boxes for just under £20 from Maisemore, which i think is good, but wondering what you guys do?

Thanx

whats the link for the BB @ £20?

cheers

JEz

Hivemaker seems like a great guy, and his equipment has been recommended many times, I would like one day to purchase some of his equipment.

At the moment however Cheap and acceptable quality is more of a priority than high quality and reasonably priced

Thanks again

have you spoken to him for prices? I think you may be surprised at what he can offer ;)

Latest posts

Back