• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Equipment for sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm Cheque means reducing the pool of people to those prepared to pay that way.

Which would I prefer ? £4,000 and Paypal fees or £3500 eventually - as it's NOT selling - and no Paypal fees.?

Proper marketing sells things...and that means proper presentation and making it easier for buyers to deal with you.... Been there, done it...

PayPal has to be an option under eBay rules. It will be listed under payment options if the seller wants it or not
Also if you pay " friends and family" you have "NO" buyer protection from paypal. It is no different to just giving cash to a stranger in the street. You will have zero chance of a refund.
If the cost of PayPal is an issue for the seller, then simply include the fees in the sale price.

Last edited by a moderator:
The chap was asking us 5k for the lot. Wouldnt budge, also made sensible offers. In the end bought brand new setup for 6k and can claim the VAT back with 5 year warranty. The equipments over 25 years old, he needs to knock the price down for a sale.

As for cheques, needs to realise instant bank transfers are the way. Who uses cheques?

most banks don't give cheque books anymore

?????Really ????? Barclays and First Direct are both fairly major banks - and each has sent me one recently. Now I now that's not a majority, but....

:iagree:
Most major banks do. Paying in books no, they prefer you to use your debit card.
Some of Banks/Building Societies provide left-handed cheque books.

Back