Dry wax & Microwave

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it melt really quickly, then spit wax all over the inside of your microwave??

Contender for a darwin award perhaps

I don't know what happens. I'll try it and see. If I don't get back to you then...........

............with a metal lid?

You can put any metal in a microwave unless it makes a partial electric circuit (eg a wire ring with a gap). eg spoons in soup and CERTAINLY including lids. Try it. Start with a spoon outside the soup. It will stay cool. But I do not recommend microwaving honey for many reasons.

Yup, even with a metal lid....but make sure it's loose to release any pressure should accidentally overheat to boiling.

If you loosen a lid to microwave something you might as well take the lid off ! I don't like putting anything metal in a microwave ... I've even seen some pyrotechnics coming off a gold rimmed mug I was bought.

You can put any metal in a microwave unless it makes a partial electric circuit (eg a wire ring with a gap). eg spoons in soup and CERTAINLY including lids. Try it. Start with a spoon outside the soup. It will stay cool. But I do not recommend microwaving honey for many reasons.

Thank you for that. In the days when microwave ovens were new to the market and many times more expensive than they are today, I recall one being put beyond economic repair by having metal objects included in the cooking.;)

Thank you for that. In the days when microwave ovens were new to the market and many times more expensive than they are today, I recall one being put beyond economic repair by having metal objects included in the cooking.;)

What metal objects? The only time I've had a problem was a basket with a wire hoop round the base. (Why was I microwaving that?) It caught fire from arcs at the point where the metal touched end to end.

Latest posts

Back