Dog Poos ..

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found reference to an old proverb, “You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink”, which means that you can give someone an opportunity but not force them to take it. Another way to express that explanation is that you can show someone the facts, but you cannot make them believe.
I found a new (ish) one.
90% of everything is crap

What about Odour & prevailing winds?
Would / could this not have an impact?
I did not get my nose near enough to make an assesment of odour, but Twts (for a miniature dachshund who is smaller than the average cat) does fahrt regularly and noisily

I found reference to an old proverb, “You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink”,
I think the proverb actually says 'you can bring a horse to water.....

.....but a pencil must be led'

Things like, "When should I feed my bees?" Or "Should I feed syrup or fondant?" These are subjective questions which can have different answers depending on a whole range of other circumstances.
But there are other things which are not subjective at all. At what temperature does water freeze? At what temperature does it boil? These are things which we cannot change.
Sorry but the freezing/boiling points of water are also changeable and subjective, depending on a whole range of other circumstances.

They are subject to differences in atmospheric pressure, depending on elevation amongst other things. Not to mention contaminants and dissolved air.

All 'certainties' are subject to circumstantial influence.

I found reference to an old proverb, “You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink

Then there's the old schoolboy howler... use "horticulture" in a sentence

You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think :leaving:

Sorry but the freezing/boiling points of water are also changeable and subjective, depending on a whole range of other circumstances.

They are subject to differences in atmospheric pressure, depending on elevation amongst other things. Not to mention contaminants and dissolved air.
:iagree: I struggled to make a decent cup of 'normal' tea during my time in Lesotho as water boiled at below 90 degrees due to the altitude - I had to change to green tea to get a proper brew.

:iagree: I struggled to make a decent cup of 'normal' tea during my time in Lesotho as water boiled at below 90 degrees due to the altitude - I had to change to green tea to get a proper brew.
A lot of mountain people up that side like their "Green Tea" Excellent growing conditions.
Incidentally, the other name for that is "Mountain Cabbage".
Truly the tree of knowledge.
:judge:

Latest posts

Back