Does Anybody remember Jack Taylor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylan

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15 At the moment
Does any body remember Jack Taylor Of Guisborough - in - Cleaveland many years ago about 1976 I bought a glass honey display off him , I never met him but we corresponded and he sent me these photo's of two tree trunks he had rescued after they had been felled with bees in them he made quite a nice feature out of them, people would pay a fortune for them at a garden centre now. Just thought somebody might be interested. hope it works haven't sent photo's before

Could it be Jack Taylor of Jack Taylor Cycles?
Thought it looks a bit like him. I dont know if he lived at Guisborough but his business was at Stockton, not far away.
Here is a video of him ".youtube.com/watch?v=ALNsQpCL8LY"The Bike Brothers - Jack, Ken and Norman Taylor. - YouTube.
You'll need to put www in front of .youtube as I am not allowed to post links.
Cheers.

Doe anybody remember Jack Taylor

:thanks::hairpull:
Could it be Jack Taylor of Jack Taylor Cycles?
Thought it looks a bit like him. I dont know if he lived at Guisborough but his business was at Stockton, not far away.
Here is a video of him ".youtube.com/watch?v=ALNsQpCL8LY"The Bike Brothers - Jack, Ken and Norman Taylor. - YouTube.
You'll need to put www in front of .youtube as I am not allowed to post links.
Cheers.

Hi Wheeler
just managed to get you tube, good video but I don't think it is the same Jack Taylor his passion was bees and showing
he never mentioned bikes. I have another photo from a newspaper cutting that Jack sent of a sycamore tree that was felled in Kirkby- In - Cleaveland churchyard in 1974 not knowing it contained a wild colony of bees it shows the exposed bees and comb and he rescued them but I can't get it to upload I am a bit thick when it comes to computers.

Hi Taylan,

Yes I think its probably unlikely to to be the same person. Your mention of Kirkby in Cleveland is also a bit of nostalgia trip for me.
I liked the look of the 'log hives' and was interested in the landing boards stretching to the ground, I was wondering if anyone observing real hives in trees has observed whether or not bees will land in front and walk all the way up the trunk to the nest, baring in mind that Seeley found that the normal American feral nest was quite high in the tree.
nb I remember a poster some time ago stating an interest in constructing a log hive, he just got an abusive response, or may be it was a joke I miss interpreted.
Cheers Tony.

Saw this today and was reminded of this thread!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDXZc0tZe04"]Apis Mellifera in a Vertical Log Hive - YouTube[/ame]

Does any body remember Jack Taylor Of Guisborough - in - Cleaveland many years ago about 1976 I bought a glass honey display off him , I never met him but we corresponded and he sent me these photo's of two tree trunks he had rescued after they had been felled with bees in them he made quite a nice feature out of them, people would pay a fortune for them at a garden centre now. Just thought somebody might be interested. hope it works haven't sent photo's before

I knew Jack Taylor very well. He was my beekeeping mentor. I could write a book about our adventures, many involving those tree trunk hives which is my reason for contacting you. So many memories. I have tried to download the photograph without success and am asking how I could get a copy, please.
Thanks,
Tom Brodrick

Jack Taylor

Hello,
I knew Jack Taylor very well. He was my beekeeping mentor and we had many adventures, several involving the heavy tree trunk hives. I have tried to download the photograph without success. How can I get a copy, please?
So many memories.
Thanks,
Tom Brodrick

Can't see any links sorry

Latest posts

Back